Search results

1. T

VAS programmer around DC?

I'm looking for a VW mechanic who can help me on the side, or someone who may have a VAS in the Maryland/DC/NoVA area. I need to have my door controller's firmware updated to correct a fault that will not allow me to use the Rain Closure feature available on MKV's with RLS. I have the...
  2. T

WTB: MKIV Climatronic air hanlder box for swap

Looking for the air handler box to do a Climatronic swap into a 02 Jetta TDI. Headunits seem to be easy to find, but the boxes are much harder. Let me know what you got.
  3. T

FS: 1999.5 VW Jetta GLS TDI

A coworker of mine is selling his 1999.5 Jetta GLS. It's a great car. Loaded, garage kept. Turbo just replaced under warrenty, and exhaust manifold cleaned. Runs like new. Any interested parties, let me know and I can get you in touch with him. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...witem
  4. T

OEM Safety triangle holder

Hi all, I allready have laid my hands on the OEM safety triangle that get's shipped with the Bora's in europe. Part number for that is 4B5 860 251 C if anyone is interested. My question is does anybody have the part number for the holder so it can fit in the trunk lid. TMTuning sells the whole...
  5. T

Lock removal

Does anybody know how to remove the lock cylinder? A buddy of mine is trying to sell his sister's 99.5 Jetta, but it has a broken glove box. I want to get the european//2003 glove box+ for my 2001, and I was going to give him my old one, which isn't busted. Problem is, we both need to transfer...
  6. T

How do I determine if my car is a late model 2001 or early 2001?

Hi all, I'm looking at doing a mod to my car to install automatic electronic folding mirrors on my 01 Jetta following Kennedy's write up on this Forum. To do this, I need to change out the window motors and of course the mirror housings themselves. Problem is, the 2001 model year is split, and...
  7. T

Fuel Release/Trunk Release Panel

Does anybody know how to remove the trunk/gas release panel from the MK4s? I'm switching out door cards, and the ones I got still have the key lock from the donor car, which I don't have the key to, so I can't remove the cylinder by itself. I want to just switch out that panel. Anybody know how...
  8. T

Seat swap out problem

Hi all, I'm swapping out front seats on my 01 Jetta for some tan leather recaros. It looks like there is an extra airbag connection on mine, so I'm not sure what to do for the swap. Has anybody seen this? In car now: Close up: And another close up: Connections under old seat...
  9. T

Fusebox question

Hi all, I'm in the process of installing heated seats in my 01 Jetta. I have the stock wiring harness, and I know I'm going to need to wire two wires to the fusebox, one on 44 and I think the other is 9 off the top of my head. My question is, the wires I got are frayed with no connectors for the...
  10. T

Door open indicator full FIS Cluster

I have an 2001 Jetta, with an IMMO 3 full FIS cluster. When the key is in, and the drivers door, or the trunk, or the hood is open, the cluster warns me that that door is open. However, passenger side doors or the drivers rear door do not. I remember reading something several years ago that...
  11. T

Hood Alarm after installing IMMO 3 Cluster

I know you guys are the gurus on clusters. Up until now I have been mostly relying on VWNavi.com, since I installed the MFD in my car first. I just finished in stalling a IMMO 3 Full Pixel cluster in my IMMO 2, 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg. For the most part, I had few problems with the install, but I...
  12. T

Immo 3 Cluster in Immo 2 Vehicle?

Hi guys and gals, I have a 2001.5 Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T, and I'm looking at buying a Immo 3 Euro Sport cluster with full FIS for my car. Can anyone definatively tell me whether or not IMMO 3 will work in my car? I've read some sources that say it is possible, and others that say it isn't. I...