Search results

1. Mongler98

Rough Shifting in manual TDI

Y'all know me well enough to know how much of a stickler i am at the rules, so much so that back when my account was "having issues" i had my wife make a new account for her.... so i could test the site to see if my "issues" was a sabatosh, and it was... as far as I'm concerned... Y'all me...
  2. Mongler98

Rare Find! Pristine B5.5 Passat TDI Wagon

i can't i can only have so many things that do and dont run. 4 motorcycles and 2 cars.... its hard enough for me to get my rune... https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3213901445563418/?ref=saved&referral_code=null
  3. Mongler98

AHU build

yea i put arps on but that was a fools attempt at fixing my boost head lift warped head warped block issue.
  4. Mongler98

Rare Find! Pristine B5.5 Passat TDI Wagon

OMG, i am not going to be able to sleep tonight... im TORN in two between this and my dream bike (RUNE)
  5. Mongler98

AHU build

Personally i think the AHU is superior to the ALH and other engines in a few ways that makes it ideal for a "bullet proof" build Coolant pump is not part of the critical timing belt system, and tuning is a chip swap away, etc... IMO the 764's are the nozzles to go with any decent turbo upgrade...
  6. Mongler98

A part broke on my manual shifter and can’t find the part to replace it

That sloppy fix was for me... a 130k mile repair that never failed
  7. Mongler98

A part broke on my manual shifter and can’t find the part to replace it

Had the same iss.e drilled it out and put a bolt on and deformed the treads. $0.30 fix
  8. Mongler98

Catch can?

It's a 2x2 stroke oil burning machine.
  9. Mongler98

Catch can?

Saying that oil is not fuel to a TDI is cluelessness behavior. Oil does not gunk up the intake. Exhaust unburnt soot fuel does. Oil is actually a solvent but when combined it will come things up. Deleting ccv would create way worse coke than deleting EGR.
  10. Mongler98

Catch can?

Clueless.
  11. Mongler98

WILL NOT CRANK!

If it wont move.... you have a seized engine in some way. Try taking the glow plugs out. Might be hydro locked. Nozzle or more could be leaking and you filled the bowls... Pray it's just full of oil or fuel... If it wont rotate back or forward at all by hand at the crank like you have it with...
  12. Mongler98

WILL NOT CRANK!

The battery clearly was the no crank as it initially cranked after battery swap. But still wont start. Might be fuel. Maybe you missed the battery then starter parts prayer mechanic part of the first post.
  13. Mongler98

Ancient Timing Belt?

The origional belt was 47mm the updated new belts in 2003 are 60mm wide. Looks like a new style belt to me but I cant measure it from here.
  14. Mongler98

WILL NOT CRANK!

lets stop tossing parts at it. lets start by scanning it for any faults. Making sure there are no blow fuses or obvious mouse nests depending on where it was parked. Battery charge can be off regardless of the battery being replaced. It sounds to me that the battery was low on charge from...
  15. Mongler98

Alh swap

10/4 i don't need luck, i need TIME
  16. Mongler98

Loading ALH Engine into back of 03 Jetta Wagon?

Best way is to just have a old tire you set it into. Plywood under is great so you can screw or bolt some tie downs to and use straps. That or a few bits of 2x8 under the oil pan with some screws. Making a box that the oil pan sits into and rests on the fange. I'm sure you can find some old...
  17. Mongler98

"investing in them correctly" / "Saving $100" PICK ONE but nothing wrong with wanting to do the best...
  18. Mongler98

so, it will save $100 right now... who cares!
  19. Mongler98

look. slavs in Russia get these cars to 600k on the clock with veg oil/waste oil and warm them up by burning cardboard under them before starting..... im sure you can stretch the life of these if you actually tried..... so YES, if you feel that $100 is a big deal in the scope of this.... then...
  20. Mongler98

Do I have a “Rain Sensor” in my windshield?

IMO you should be able to give the VIN to a compitant window installer like safelite or whatever and they will know 100% of anything.