Search results

1. P2B

Anyone have a alh nozzle slide hammer i could borrow

The Metalnerd one looks pretty puny. Back in the day there was one floating around the local community with a 2lb hammer. I can remember taking turns whaling away on a couple of high mileage ALH injectors that really didn't want to come out but eventually succumbed. I doubt a smaller hammer...
  2. P2B

ALH alternator Pulley replacement

I change the pulley (in the car) at every timing belt change. The one time I didn't the pulley failed 25k later. I had one alternator fail at ~200k, the other three are all on their 3rd pulley.
  3. P2B

I own one, it works as advertised on MK4 ALH cars.
  4. P2B

http://www.metalnerd.com/mobile/catalog/product/2644937fbe324184a25e586d88a2e97d That's the tool you need to change the pulley in the car.
  5. P2B

Fire wall leak (pics to prove it)

Except he hasn't got it sorted, he's only narrowed it down and is now looking for suggestions on how to fix it. OP, it might require removing the glovebox, but I would try to find out exactly where water is entering the interior and go from there.
  6. P2B

Diesel price...

I have filled my '03 195 times since buying it in May 2009 at an average price of 111.63. Total kms driven 193473 at an average of 5.61 l/100km
  7. P2B

Recently bought a 2001 tdi(alh) and would love some help learning/troubleshooting.

You should not need anywhere close to the maximum tensioner deflection to get the belt on - are you sure you have it routed correctly ? I use the closed end of a standard combination wrench strapped to a length of rebar with a couple of gear clamps as a tensioner wrench.
  8. P2B

Recently bought a 2001 tdi(alh) and would love some help learning/troubleshooting.

Assuming you mean a 2007 City Jetta, yes. 2007 Jetta 2.0T is a MK5, rack would not fit.
  9. P2B

The camshaft and injection pump are driven from the crankshaft by a toothed timing belt. These are interference engines, which means pistons will hit valves if the crankshaft to camshaft timing changes ("jumps") due to a failure of the timing belt system while the engine is running.
  10. P2B

What did you do to your MKIV today?

That's pretty pathetic. CV boots should last way longer - our 2003 wagon is still running all original factory boots.
  11. P2B

Where? Local pricing (Cardone) is $385 +core deposit +tax and doesn't include outer tie rod ends.
  12. P2B

Go to car-part.com to get an idea of what local yards are asking for used parts, it's $80-125 for a complete rack. I would not sell my spares for $40. Keep in mind the hard lines on a locally sourced used rack are unlikely to be in much better shape than your existing ones. At a minimum you'd...
  13. P2B

ABS issues

It's throwing a code so unlikely it's reading correctly consistently. I have had good results with Topran branded ABS sensors which are less than $20 each. Is it possible the tone ring is damaged? You said you cleaned it up, but variations in clearance between sensor and ring as the wheel...
  14. P2B

Passat NMS Alternator Failure / Life Expectancy Survey

I would leave it alone. Again, no NMS experience but I have never had to change an ALH tensioner nor heard of collateral damage due to failure. Same goes for the idler.
  15. P2B

ABS issues

The front ABS sensors are not interchangeable.
  16. P2B

ABS issues

You need to see what the sensors are reading while the ABS is engaging when it shouldn't. An inverter capable of running an old laptop is pretty cheap, I think I paid $25 for the one I use for VCDS logging.
  17. P2B

ABS issues

Use VCDS to monitor wheel speeds reported by each sensor, should help to point you in the right direction. VCDS ABS
  18. P2B

It's usually the hard lines that corrode and leak here in the rust belt. Here is a legit local source for replacements: https://germanoem.ca/parts/steering/steering-rack-hardware/steering-rack-pressure-pipe-set-aftermarket-1j0498198-aft.html Order a new power steering pump and serpentine belt...
  19. P2B

Old B5.5 things cropping up

Just in case you are serious, it means transmission no ****ing good.