Search results

1. J

2005 Passat GLS TDI Wagon, 5 speed conversion For Sale, Huntsville, AL

SOLD!!!!!2005 Passat GLS TDI Wagon, 5 speed conversion For Sale, Huntsville, AL SOLD!!!! Extremely clean 2005 Passat TDI GLS wagon. 127,000 miles. Reflex Silver/Grey leatherette interior. VIN: WVWCE63B85E097134. Southern car, no rust. - Vwztips on this forum did the 5 speed conversion at...
  2. J

B5.5 Cluster Lighting and Cruise Mod

I was just able to turn on the instrument cluster lighting whenever the car is on, and make the Cruise control indicator only come on when the cruise control is actually set. I take no credit for the mod, I just attempted to apply what others had done to my particular model car. The instrument...
  3. J

Setting B5.5 w/BHW engine

Setting Readiness B5.5 w/BHW engine Does anyone know the specific driving profile required to reset readiness in a B5.5 with the BHW engine? I'm not showing any DTCs, but have "Comprehensive Components" showing 'Incomplete or failed". I can find the profiles in Bentley for gassers, but not...
  4. J

BHW 5 speed conversion; a great experience!

NOW for Sale, see classifieds:BHW 5 speed conversion; a great experience! Vwztips just converted my 2005 GLS wagon from auto to a 5 speed manual, with major conversion parts from Frans in the Netherlands. What a great change! Everything works, no codes, smooth shifts, very flexible on the...
  5. J

Intermittent Fault 19558 2005 Passat

2005 Passat TDI I'm getting the above fault intermittently. I removed the V157 intake manifold flap assembly and cleaned a bunch of soot off of it this weekend, but I'm still getting the fault. I cleared the fault, it stayed away for a few days, then set a DTC again. Is there a way with VCDS...
  6. J

ABS acting weird

2005 Passat Wagon, GLS with ESP. Sometimes at very low speeds, such as pulling into or backing out of my garage, and near the end of stopping at a traffic light, I can feel the ABS system kicking in, pulsing the pedal. This is on dry pavement. I recently had to have the outer CV boots...
  7. J

Manual seat height adjuster replacement

My drivers manual seat height adjuster would not go all the way to the bottom of the travel range, which caused me a problem since I am 6'5". I wasn't sure what was at fault, but I knew that my passenger seat had a lot more adjustment. After a lot of searching, I finally found this thread...
  8. J

VCDS HEX+CAN on B5.5 Passat

When I plug in my VCDS HEX-USB+CAN into my 2005 Passat and do a Port Test under the Options menu. I get (bottom of the test window): Status: Ready K1:OK K2:OK CAN: Not Ready I see a CAN twisted pair of wires going to the OBDII port. VCDS and diagnostics seem to work ok, but I was surprised...