Search results

1. mrrhtuner

2015 Passat TDI with TDI GEN3 PHASE 2 AEM pending

Hello everyone, I have recently purchased a new-to-me 2015 Passat TDI SE that I has 84,400km and one owner. It took a while to find something in good shape and I'm loving the car so far. Carfax and VW Canada shows that there is a pending open recall on the car: TDI GEN3 PHASE 2 AEM VW...
  2. mrrhtuner

Parts that are in play during shutdown/ASV?

Merry Christmas to you all! My 03 Jetta ALH Manual wagon decides to shut down nicely at times and shudder on shutdown the rest. The issue is not consistent and I'm unsure how to tackle this. I have swapped out the ASV with 3 others that I have spare. I have checked the vacuum line from the ASV...
  3. mrrhtuner

MK4 ALH - Engine On/Off flutter sound

Hello all, my MK4 alh manual wagon has sat for a year with periodically being turned on/driven and recently I fixed a few issues (steering related) and started driving it daily. One thing I noticed is that often when turning on the car in the mornings, I get this odd flutter sound. Sometimes...
  4. mrrhtuner

MK4 manual won't drive after being on jackstands

Good day everyone, I put my mk4 on jackstands so that I can remove the subframe and repair the power steering rack. Since I had the front up, I had the subframe bushings and LCA bushings replaced. I started to button everything back up and to finish off this job I replaced pads and rotors...
  5. mrrhtuner

MK4 Subframe Bushing Replacement

Hey everyone, While I'm trying to sort out my power steering rack issue (hard lines on order), I've decided to drop the subframe to make my life a bit easier. Dropping the subframe, I noticed that the two rear subframe bushings, the aluminum part of the bushing is nearly disintegrated/corroded...
  6. mrrhtuner

Anybody have a spare MK4 steering rack?

No longer required :-)
  7. mrrhtuner

MK4 Power Steering Leaking from Hard Lines

Hello everyone, My MK4 Jetta has a bad leak from one of the hard lines at the back of the power steering rack. I've done a bit of searching and the hard lines can be available for purchase but I'm wondering how many of you had actual success in removing the hard lines and installing new ones...
  8. mrrhtuner

MK4 with severely damaged jack point - How to raise car?

Hey guys, My 03 Wagon's passenger jack point is severely damaged (needs rocker replacement also) so I cannot jack the car up from that rail. I need to get the car in the air so that I can find why my power steering is leaking but I'm not sure how to safely jack up the car (without the jack...
  9. mrrhtuner

Anybody have MK4 TDI/2.0 Manual Axles laying around?

Hey all, I suspect that one of my MK4 rebuilt axles is starting to go (oem with oem rebuild kit from IDparts). Not sure why but to be safe I'm looking to pickup two spare left/right axles for a MK4 TDI/2.0 Manual transmission. If anybody has a set they don't need and are in working condition...
  10. mrrhtuner

How to determine faulty axle (Clicking while driving straight)

Hello all, My MK4 alh wagon had the transmission dogbone mount come loose last spring and unfortunately I drove around with the car for a few weeks in this state while I could make time to fix it. When I did fix and install a new mount (dogbone - trans to sub-frame), I drove a few days and...
  11. mrrhtuner

Does anybody have MK4 2.0/TDI Axles? SW Ontario

Hey everyone, does anybody have good working MK4 2.0/TDI Axles in southwestern ontario? Thanks
  12. mrrhtuner

MK4 ALH - Parting out car/engine - Can I remote IP easily?

Hello everyone, I'm parting out my spare ALH and the buyer doesn't want the injection pump. Is there any easy way to remove the injection pump without disrupting too much?? I realize it is belt driven by the timing belt.
  13. mrrhtuner

MK4 TDI rear wheel bearing...is this normal?

Hello everyone, I am in the process of doing the driver side rear wheel bearing/brakes and as I started on the rear passenger side I noticed that it makes a slight noise. I'm not sure if this is fine or not as the bearing without load may sound a bit different but I wanted to ask since if I'm...
  14. mrrhtuner

Anybody using a forced air heater in their home garage?

Hey guys, I'm looking to add some warmth to my cold garage. I have to insulate it better and rebuild it in the spring/summer but for this winter I want to pickup a propane forced air heater. Electric is out of the question as I do not have 220v and those 110v heaters don't work well enough for...
  15. mrrhtuner

2007 Jetta City 2.0 Axle into MK4 TDI?

Hey guys, I'm in need of a driver's axle as my fairly new cardone select trash decided to fail in about 5k since installing it. I found a 2007 Jetta City 2.0 and although I know this is still somewhat a 'mk4'...does anybody know if a 2007 Jetta City 2.0l axle will work on a mk4 TDI manual...
  16. mrrhtuner

WTB: MK4 TDI/2.0 Drivers Axle

Well...Cardone Select has given me the shaft twice now. First they sent me an axle with it's joint popped out and now...nearly 5000km later the other axle has started to '**** the bed' :mad: Does anybody have a good condition driver's axle for sale? Hoping to find something in or close to...
  17. mrrhtuner

FYI - Cardone Select Axles are made in China

Hey guys, My driver side axle decided to give me grief two weeks ago. I scoured the internet for my options. Option #1 - Rebuild with all German inside/outside joints. As I want to do an allignment after, I wanted to rebuild both my axles and be done with the drivetrain. I looked at the price...
  18. mrrhtuner

My keys fell into a bucket of diesel -- now key fob dead

Long story short, I was cleaning bearings for my bike so I had a small bucket of diesel. A few days later, I was reaching over and somehow the keys fell into that small bucket. Great. So I quickly removed the battery and let the key fob air out. Now the key fob will not respond. No red light...
  19. mrrhtuner

Removing axles - Grease on inner joint-to-transmission

Hey guys, I've removed both my axles off my car to do the outer boots on them and noticed that the inner joint part of the axle (that bolts to the transmission) has grease on it. As it took me a bit to remove the axles, some debris got onto the innner part grease on the axle. Is there any...
  20. mrrhtuner

Mk4 BEW - upgrade to ALH boost hoses + IC?

Hey guys, our 2004 mk4 BEW leaks like a son of a on those weak connector clips for the boost hoses. I have a spare set of ALH piping with intercooler and I was thinking to install it and be done with leaks. Before I do this, I wanted to confirm that the alh MAP sensor should be fine or should...