Search results

1. R

Died while driving down interstate now cannot start

Unlike the previous owner tried to tell me, I have verified, it is an AHL engine. There doesn't seem to be chunks lower down, but I have been wiping at the sides with a carb cleaner soaked cloth trying to clean them up. I've been trying to get an actual camera down at an angle as they face the...
  2. R

Lots of missing or incorrect information. Throwing parts at something isn't the best way to diagnose a problem. You got the car as a no-start condition? I am not 'throwing parts at it to diagnose the a problem'. Please read the whole of what was dine prior and what was going on. The parts...
  3. R

The parts I have replaced were all well worn and in need of it, they were done before the issue occurred (other than the fuel sending unit in the tank). This poor little car has definitely been abused and not taken care of. The only part I have actually replaced since the issue is the fuel...
  4. R

Only history on the engine I have been able to uncover is that the original owner drove it through water and the engine itself was replaced. (Just the engine)
  5. R

Double checked the belt again, dirty but completely in tact no sign of worn teeth
  6. R

We have a click, and we checked with tester, we have power at fuel shut off when cranking and trying to start. New fuel sending pump arrived and I got that dropped in tonight, but because of some stripped bolts (most are rusted or oxidized on the turbo and manifold) it's been slow progress in...
  7. R

Bare with me as this is my first post to the tdi forum. I have been through a lot of post and although they have been helpful with a lot, I am stuck on this one. A couple years back I bought a 2003 vw beetle 5 speed TDI. I have slowly spent the last 1.5 years cleaning up and fixing bits and...
  8. R

2003 vw beetle died while driving, now will not start.

Bare with me as this is my first post to the tdi forum. I have been through a lot of post and although they have been helpful with a lot, I am stuck on this one. A couple years back I bought a 2003 vw beetle 5 speed TDI. I have slowly spent the last 1.5 years cleaning up and fixing bits and...