Search results

1. VW Derf

Upgraded TDIClub forums

Yes, this past while working on the migration has taken me down memory lane more than once. ;) Your posts have been fixed where the images still exist. One posting had ones posted a different resolutions (I had already forgotten how annoying it was that images would take over your screen) so...
  2. VW Derf

Upgraded TDIClub forums

I scanned your posts and found a bunch of missing images, but it turned out to be the graemlins vBulletin used so now that is fixed for everyone. :) If there are any important posts it might be worth a quick scan just in case, but I believe it is all in good shape as I think your issue was a...
  3. VW Derf

Upgraded TDIClub forums

There was something weird with the original post in Vbulletin as the image references were recursive: [/IMG] I had to go back to that thread there (I have access to this until mid October) and clean up the way the images were imbedded and once that was done it is working again.
  4. VW Derf

TDIClub server migration successful

I tested this to a gmail account of my own and it is working. I had the system send you a test message to your gmail account as well. Can you confirm if you received it or reply to it? Tapatalk is still on my radar and I'll be posting something shortly.
  5. VW Derf

Please let me know if you think you are no longer receiving notification emails. There was an issue with users using Outlook, Office365 and Hotmail as their email provider. That issue should be now be resolved and emails should have resumed. If not, please let me know.
  6. VW Derf

Anyone else have disappearing posts?

Yes, in that case a spammer replied to an old post and all the subsequent posts were about the spammers post, so I removed the posts (and notified the posters) what happened. Please let me know if you see any other strange behaviors as in the past month we have done a complete migration of both...
  7. VW Derf

How to upload photos in Xenforo and use them in your posts

Yes, most sites do it via attachments. While nice and simple it prevents the items from being shared, searchable and available to the general membership in an easy to find fashion. HOWEVER, the next release of Xenforo has a feature that will mirror attachments to the media section. My hope is...
  8. VW Derf

As of the early morning on September 26, 2020, the forums are now running on a different set of servers. Everything seems to be working properly now, but if you notice any issues, please let me know. This includes issues receiving emails, poor performance and other anomalies. I expect a few...
  9. VW Derf

Downtime - September 25, 2020

Yes, it was a Seagate, drive that died before. The current (well almost former) servers indeed Dells. R410 and R420. They served me well and and probably could have run for several more years, but with older hardware the risk of a longer outage is just too high. These days there are more...
  10. VW Derf

Upgraded TDIClub forums

I just wanted to say a few words regarding the last few comments. I too liked the old format for somethings, but at the end of the day, it was not possible to continue with vBulletin 3.x and we had to move on. The new version (vBulletin 5) was not an option for me as it is riddled with bugs...
  11. VW Derf

The future of TapaTalk on TDIClub

Thanks for the feedback. It is not totally out as an option, but once I finish migrating all the content to new servers this coming weekend I can look at changes like this. The issue with uploading images is much easier with this new forum and once the new version of the software is available...
  12. VW Derf

FS: SOLD 2005 passat wagon with 169655 in southern Va (Zuni) $750 Engine questionable

Here is a link to the uploaded images: @glasair, PMs are now called conversations and they are working.
  13. VW Derf

Downtime - September 25, 2020

On the evening of September 25, 2020 we will be offline for a period of time as we migrate to new servers. The outage is expected to start around 10 pm Pacific Time and I expect the forums to be up and running before 10 am the morning of September 26, 2020. This is the second part of my...
  14. VW Derf

Upgraded TDIClub forums

In the topic listings for each topic there is the date of the original post. Click on this and you will go directly the the initial post. If your screen is to narrow, perhaps a phone in portrait mode, this is unfortunately not available.
  15. VW Derf

@Steve Addy have you experienced any possible lost posts since this thread was started?
  16. VW Derf

Upgraded TDIClub forums

Due to the different sizing with this software vs the old one I have removed the fuel economy section to lessen the length. We will see if that makes this a little better for the shorter posts for now. You aren't the only one. I did not realize that either when I started testing the software. :)
  17. download-icon.PNG

download-icon.PNG

18. download-icon-no_permission.PNG

download-icon-no_permission.PNG

19. VW Derf

Hi Steve, I moved this topic where I'm more likely to see it. Do you have an example of the content? I'm trying to verify if this is an actual loss of data or if the issue rests more with the UI and the post never got posted. If you have an exact example I can track back, I can check what...
  20. VW Derf

Upgraded TDIClub forums

If you click on the title of the tread from the index, what does it do? Have you tried to mark everything read as a reset since the migration?