Search results

1. B

All 4 wheels locked

It's been a long time since I posted to these forums, but I have a weird problem with one of my 2006 Jettas. All 4 wheels are locking up after about 10 minutes of driving. Originally the shop thought it was the manual transmission but that was not it, then they thought it was a break issue and...
  2. B

WTB: 2000 Beetle door panel

I'm looking for a drivers side door panel for a 2000 Beetle. Green on top gray below. Shaun
  3. B

2006 Beetle headlight replacement

I just wanted to post the how to for replacement on a 2006 Beetle headlight. It's been improved, but is very different than the 2005 and older Beetles. I found the how to doing a search, and here it is: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_procedure_for_headlamp_removal_on_a_2006_beetle...
  4. B

Beetle side mirror replacement

Can someone tell me how to replace the side mirror on a 2005 Beetle. I have it mostly apart, but just can't figure out where to disconnect the wiring. Thanks, Shaun
  5. B

FS 2002 TDI Jetta Austin TX

Blue, Great condition, automatic, 4 door sedan, cd player, tape player, grey cloth interior, 80,000 miles, 30-40 mpg, $9,000. No reasonable offer refused. We had this car in our Los Angeles rental fleet. It was very well taken care of by an LA car nut. For more and better pictures go to...
  6. B

FS 2002 TDI Jetta Austin TX $10,000

FS 2002 TDI Jetta Austin TX $9,500 Blue, Great condition, automatic, 4 door sedan, cd player, tape player, grey cloth interior, 80,000 miles, 30-40 mpg, reduced to $9,500. No reasonable offer refused. We had this car in our Los Angeles rental fleet. It was very well taken care of by an LA car...
  7. B

How to replace battery in '05 Beetle TDI

I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to replace this battery. I've searched and can only find threads relating to older models. Can anyone give me some advice/instructions on how to replace a battery in a 2005 TDI Beetle? Thanks for any help. Shaun
  8. B

FS 2002 TDI Beetle $10k in Los Angeles

This was our first car in the old Los Angeles office. It's in great shape. Timing belt and water pump were replaced at 80k. More details: Green TDI w/biege velour interior, black neoprene seat covers (front & back) automatic transmission, Monsoon sound, Cassette, AM-FM, AC, cruise control...
  9. B

FS: several TDI's for sale '97 to '06

We are shutting down our Los Angeles office and have several cars for sale. They are all in very good to excellent condition. We will open again in LA sometime down the road. For more info on these cars you can reply to this thread, call Joe in Los Angeles at 310-570-3896, or email...
  10. B

hairline crack in oil pan

One of our 2006 Golf's has a hairline crack (very slow leak) on the bottom of the oil pan near the oil drain bolt. I'm assuming that I need to replace the oil pan, but I have two questions - 1) Is it possible to repair such a small crack (about an inch long)? 2) If I need to replace the pan, how...
  11. B

1997 VW Passat sedan TDI manual Los Angeles $11,000

1997 Volkswagen Passat, Red, sunroof, manual transmission, 162,000 miles, black cloth interior, Excellent condition, great biodiesel car, $11,000 obo 310-337-1729 - We hate to sell this car but we have more than we need in LA right now so we need to sell a couple to get our fleet size down. We...
  12. B

B99-B100 between Denver & Las Vegas?

Does anyone know where to find B99-B100 between Denver & Las Vegas on the 70 & 15? Or very near to those highways along that route? Thanks,
  13. B

Los Angeles conversions

I was told there was someone in the Los Angeles area that does diesel conversions, can anyone here tell me who that might be? Thanks.
  14. B

2006 Jetta TDI manual

FS 2006 Jetta TDI manual $22,500 2006 Jetta TDI, 5spd manual, 27000 miles, 6 in dash cd player, tan leatherette interior, Sea Green exterior, excellent condition, $22,000. This car is in Los Angeles. I can be reached at 310-337-1729. Shaun .
  15. B

Looking for Beetle door panel

Anyone know where to find a new or used door panel for a 2000 Beetle? Here's a link to a picture http://www.bio-beetle.com/2000beetledoorpanal.htm
  16. B

Sun Shade Handle loose

The handle to open the sun shade on the sunroof has come loose and I'm looking for advice on how to reattach it. I'm assuming it requires some sort of adhesive, but do not know what to use. The car is a 2000 Beetle. Thanks.
  17. B

04 Beetle coolant temp. sensor

We have 2004 & 2005 Beetles that each have had the coolant temperature sensor replaced at least three times, and the check engine lights on both cars are on again. Our dealership seems to only want to keep replacing the sensors, under warranty, even though that does not correct the problem...
  18. B

Compiling list of B99-B100 stations

Aloha all, We are compiling a list of B99-B100 stations across the U.S. If you know of such a station/s please post the details here - station name, address and phone # would be appreciated. I realize there are lots listed at the biodiesel.org site, but that list is not entirely accurate and...
  19. B

Hawaii biodiesel tax exemptions

I may have posted this at some point in the past, but thought I would post it again, as current examples, for those that are interested in working to pass biodiesel legislation. The State of Hawaii amended their statutes to eliminate 75% of the State road tax for biodiesel. The rate for...
  20. B

Bio-Beetle Eco Rental Cars opens in L.A.

This is in the shameless self promotion category. Please distribute at your pleasure. I apologize for posting across different forums. The Grand Opening of the Los Angeles Bio-Beetle Eco Rental Cars office is this Tuesday, February 28. Open house from 10am to 2pm. All are invited. The press...