Search results

1. C

GT1749V on 2002 Jetta ALH TDI

Did the Malone 1.5 tune improve your mpgs much? Or, if not, was that offset by your PP764s? I notice the PP764s are recommended VNT-17 or 17/22 for 150-210 hp. Are they too much for a stock VNT15?
  2. C

So, after consulting with the TDI guru mechanic, I went with is suggestion on not trying to make a problematic used turbo work. I returned that and ended up buying a new GT1749V(B) with the 1 3/8" ALH hose adapter from AARodriguez's fixmyvw.com site. I also got in some new vacuum hoses and...
  3. C

The seller said that he had a mechanic check the turbo because it had been sitting for a while in a garage. The compressor wheel obstruction sounds like it is something metallic. My best guess is that some metallic component like a nut or bolt fell inside the turbo from the time the mechanic...
  4. C

So I talked with the seller, he had a mechanic check out the turbo before he sent it to me, and it had been working. It seems that probably something fell inside the turbo during packaging or shipment. I don't think he had any kind of ill intent to sell me something that didn't work. He...
  5. C

Yes, the same thing happens with turning the exhaust wheel and it being obstructed. For everyone here, please take note that the seller uses the moniker Peach State TDI on this forum. I have sent a message to him on ebay. Waiting to hear back. If I don't hear back soon, I will escalate this...
  6. C

Here is a video of what is happening: http://youtu.be/WxzvygsJTWQ The compressor wheel turns a little but hits an obstruction. It looks like I'm going to have to challenge the seller to get my money back. At least I bought this over ebay. Hopefully that will give me some leverage and protection.
  7. C

So, I received the turbo, and without the turbo being installed yet and not under vacuum, the compressor wheel will only turn a slight amount in either rotational direction. Is this normal? Or should the compressor wheel spin freely even when the turbo is not installed?
  8. C

Good Used VNT15

Is it a Garrett turbo?
  9. C

I had some reservations too, but the feedback on ebay from this seller has been fairly positive. From my initial visual inspection of the feed line I received, it looks like it's good quality to me. If you try out this feed line, please post back about your own experience.
  10. C

The connectors looked right but I'll have to check it after the turbo arrives. I hope so.
  11. C

BTW, I also got myself a braided stainless steel flexible oil feed line: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271326939339
  12. C

But back to some of my previously mentioned questions. Can someone confirm whether I should get new gaskets? Also can anyone speak to the effect of the 49mm vs 46mm compressor wheel diameter differential?
  13. C

The overarching problem, to me seems that there is such a confusing progression of model numbers for the Garrett turbos, which unfortunately, makes the distinction between "new" GT1749V and "original" GT1749V relevant.
  14. C

Right, I only expected to have compatible VNT-15 replacement, I wasn't expecting any significant upgrade. Although, even with the original GT1749V turbo there is a greater compressor wheel diameter vs the VNT-15... 49mm vs 46mm. Not sure how that will affect performance, or compatibility with...
  15. C

Thanks 50harleyrider, turbocharged798, and AARodriguez, for the feedback and help. As to whether it's a GT1749V, GT1749VA, GT1749VB, or GT1749VC, I think it's the first. The one I bought was from this sale: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=408145 The detailed model number info is...
  16. C

GT1749V turbo on a 2002 Jetta ALH TDI My stock VNT-15 turbo on my 2002 Jetta ALH TDI is on its last legs and so I had been looking for a replacement. I ended up purchasing a Garrett GT1749V turbo with an ALH compatible manifold as an intended replacement. Before buying I had read in several...
  17. C

PayPal Alternatives

I'll pass on your "bitcons". ;)
  18. C

PayPal Alternatives

...And, there's also bitcoin, which has no transaction costs.