Search results

1. D

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

@lightflyer. Hey man hostility in displayed in rudeness to one point in my original post coincides to other post made towards me after commentin in fuel additive forum. As always i conceded perfect mechanical knowledge in the question i posted about the fix and my right to understand its...
  2. D

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

More points well made made. The statement made of sniffing in those counties are personal testiments of people in that county. Now that i think all gas motors and didnt realize it matters. I dont live there so point well taken. The concern with the INT system, which i barely googled since...
  3. D

Well thats a reply. As stated in my post i would like to here more in that area described above. Obnoxious name calling and dismissing a legitimate point is nonsensical and troll like. However the point still remains. It puts out a illegal amount of Nox. The mechanical means to achieve the...
  4. D

I believe our current DPF system will not handle the necessary programming changes to bring it up to reauired standards. I also believe this is why they cheated. Are you suggesting they did it just to see if they could? Why is it everytime ive posted on this forum you in particular have jumped...
  5. D

I would like to say I will get in on the lawsuit. I have always wanted a TDI and quite frankly, didnt care if it was clean or not. I do feel volkswagen fraudulantly represented their car (2010 tdi jetta, in my case). I cant imagine people wanting to settle for anything less than a buy back...
  6. D

68 Camaro Alh conversion

You done good in a motivated way until the stoppage. You posses a trait I don't...don't allow a small setback and timeline hurt you. I think you'd have been successful in this install so don't let life kill what you want out of it. I can't imagine deployment thrown in with my day to day problems...
  7. D

68 Camaro Alh conversion

Man I skipped ahead in the thread cause i couldnt wait to see this really cool project in fast fwd mode. I hate to see it given up on...even worst to land right in the middle of people dreaming the junk diesel ever made 6.2 would somehow save this project...lol. Seeing people restore a 6.2 is...
  8. D

Am I a member of the club everyone loves to hate?

So if we don't mind can I drag some info outta this? Mine has had a noisey secondary pump which I have always referred to as auxilary. I always thought it came on during high demand situations. Its the pump on the passenger side top of wheel well in engine compartment. Was the O.P.'s secondary...
  9. D

DIY: DSG Transmission scheduled maintenance (40K miles interval)

I guess I should. Like I said it was 20k mi ago and Im sure it was them but I have no proof. This was the only thing I ever bought from them also which makes think more it was them. Again they were not at all at fault. But I would like to at least peak interest on it. Just hesitant again cause I...
  10. D

I can't remember where exactly I got the vaico kit. I've been mulling over it for quite sometime. I believe it came from idparts. I know it wasn't the parts distributer fault so it really didn't matter that much to me. It is however the Vaico kit at fault. When I pulled it apart to diagnose it I...
  11. D

IMPORTANT info... The vaico filter kit has a undersized o-ring for the filter cap. Mine unnoticeably leaked on my pretrip inspection but when I got to Colorado after my 17hr one way trip I guess the cold amplified the leak and it gushed out on the 17 hr return trip. I noticed it when I got...
  12. D

Triple square bits

Is this not a torx head...? Sure looks the same.
  13. D

CR140 Flapper Valve Performance...

I wish it was possible to utilize the system to better low end tq. I understand the restrictions and theory but is it really proven that if property tuned this variable vortex flap deal might out perform one without. Maybe if opened up more via increased flap size...etc. Just asking. And also no...
  14. D

EA288 confirmed across the board by year end

The mention of getting away from a common rail fuel system on these vehicles seems a little overboard. I think vw was late in the common rail game all together. I consider my 96 powerstroke a cr vehicle... Shared common pressure, distribution was built into the head with a crossover line...
  15. D

AC turns on when I switch to defrost, even though the dial is at max heat.

Almost all vehicles made do this now. This is the first one I came across that let's you turn it off.
  16. D

Need your thoughts/opinions on this 2010 Jetta

I like my 2010... In the newer gen a lot of things changed. Body, I feel some build quality, independent rear suspension. I got my 2010 with 40k last year for 18k. Price sounds good. I would ask for receipts for the 40k mile service, check for fuel filter replacements where it was...
  17. D

Tell me about Jetta TDI DSG

I should mentioned the delay and shift selection points. I love my dsg when I reset values and its learning. It seems to pick the right gears. If my old lady drives it. It goes right in economic mode. The best description I've heard is Volkswagens programming at least in my '10 Jetta., wasn't...
  18. D

Land Rover Discovery II TDI swap.

I was wondering if there was a zf tranny somewhere in the Volkswagen family that was close. Just figuring out if the patterns are the same. I thought it would be easier but then you gotta keep that controller. I can see a lot of benefit doing this swap in a manual though.
  19. D

Yeah maybe a lil. Sorry.
  20. D

Listen. Despite what everyone is telling you here...I am a little cautious about the dII elec. But the road you've chosen is done, and I gotta say...I own a 04 d2 and I think its a perfect fit. As I said I also own a TDI Jetta right now and guarantee you, if it'll get everyone to shut up, I will...