Search results

1. J

New fuel pump?

Hi I recently bought a 96 passat TDI wagon and have run into some issues. The car is now at a semi local shop from the recommended list of shops from TDI club that is telling me to rebuild the fuel pump. I'm just looking for a bit more input before I decide on a rebuild. I've had the wagon...
  2. J

Should i dive back in with a '97 tdi?

Hi All, Since my last love/arrggh relationship with my '98 Jetta TDI (Elsbett Veg) ended a few years back, I've been toying with the idea of another TDI. Of course I love the efficiency and how fun to drive they are, but is this one worth it?? '97 Jetta TDi 133k TB changed at 130k (seller is...
  3. J

WTB 04 passat TDI wagon but...

I found this ad and while the price seems decent, I'm concerned about the BSM issue as well as all of the previous work done which is on the Carfax. Who knows what isn't on there? Do you guys think this level of maintenance is routine or possibly better to steer clear of a potentially...
  4. J

FS: '94 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 Turbo Diesel (Santa Cruz, CA)

'94 Toyota 4Runner Turbo Diesel 4x4 $14,000 I have a nice, clean and unique 4Runner. It has a Toyota turbo diesel (engine 1kz-te) which came out of a Japanese issue 4runner (Hilux Surf). The engine, wiring harness, dash,shifter, seats and some of the drivetrain come from Japan. The rest is...
  5. J

'98 Jetta TDI MAF for sale - used

I replaced the MAF on this car when I was doing some trouble shooting. After changing out the MAF with the new one, no difference occured. I was still experiencing a loss of power. I had already purchased and put in the new one, so I had an extra. Turned out, thanks to the good folks at TDIClub...
  6. J

Anti-theft issues

This one is kind of interesting, but a real PITA. After replacing the 50A glow plug fuse and returning the fuse panel to its home a new problem has appeared. Seemingly at random times while driving, my alarm is being activated. The horn honks once, the doors lock, the red light on the...
  7. J

Power Loss - turbo lines clogged?

Not sure if this what is referred to as limp mode or not. Basically severe power loss going uphill and some noticeable loss of power around town. TDI has 104k. I haven't stopped to power off the car immediately after a hill, but I have stopped a few miles after the hill and than turned around...
  8. J

Any way to get a new TDI legal in CA?

I am wondering if there is a way to register a new 2004 TDI in California. If a new TDI was purchased in another state, could any modification be made to get the vehicle to pass CA emissions and make the car legal? Thanks <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font> <font...