Search results

1. S

VagCom VCDS HEX-USB+CAN for sale

mister copakabata got it! thanks for the interest everyone!
  2. S

VagCom VCDS HEX-USB+CAN for sale

**SOLD** VagCom VCDS HEX-USB+CAN for sale SOLD Had this sitting around for a while - sold the golf not that long ago, and need to clean out the closet! This goes! $200 shipped to your door in the CONUS, I can take paypal. these have the license built into the dongle itself, only since you...
  3. S

FS: Golf TDI GLS 5spd White in NC

np. glad you got back safe - long drive. combined, with those wheels, you should hit 44 if you gas on it, or 46 if you drive easy. (the 15" stock ones were even better). On long trips, without much stopping, it will be over 50 if you can keep the speed reasonable and keep the windows up. That...
  4. S

Sold the car today (thanks josh!) thanks for all the PMs - if I don't get back to you personally, sorry - lots of stuff going on (have a broken leg and that makes everything slower somehow).
  5. S

2001 Golf TDI GLS manual 5spd with sunroof and 16" alloys. I have owned this since new in 2001. Has the sunroof, heated mirrors, electric windows and locks. I got some used 16" alloys off of a jetta GLX and had tossed out the 15" wheels long ago. Pics here...
  6. S

ALH engine cover - from 2001 GOLF

It's sold - thanks for the interest though!
  7. S

well - you need the original studs on the motor, and the nuts - this has the cover, insulation ,and all the rubber bits and pieces. It's just missing the decorative caps that cover the holes where it bolts on. I have the mounting bolts and nuts as well (They were in my parts bin).
  8. S

Sold! gone!
  9. S

FS: VASB Van Aaken Smart Box - ALH 10 Pin - $150

Didn't think it was - it's fixed now! (thanks for the head's up!)
  10. S

FS: VASB Van Aaken Smart Box - ALH 10 Pin - $150

Sold!! It's gone - sold.
  11. S

Raleigh, NC area?

yeah - it was out the other day (I was in the area looking at motorcycles for sale) - filled up again last night, checked the filter this morning - normal looking now. Probably was sludge then - interesting - always used either stanadyne or powerservice - but - I just clocked 100K. who knows...
  12. S

Raleigh, NC area?

that is possible, hadn't thought of it. I have 99,800 miles on the car, and this was the very first time using biodiesel - so it would be almost 100k of accumulated sludge I suppose. About the only other time I remember crap being in the filter was a bad batch in the DC area from a long trip...
  13. S

Raleigh, NC area?

I tried it the other day - got a nice dose of something in my filter. Checked the filter tonight for the heck of it - and look what I found! sweeeeet. Not sure what it is - it separated out pretty quick when I drained the filter - doesn't appear to be water, but might be. It's the darker stuff...
  14. Fuel from filter

Fuel from filter

This is the fuel from the filter after 1 tank of the B20 at cruizers on hwy 55 in durham. nice!
  15. S

Delvac 1 in RDU area?

Walmart on 70 near brier creek used to carry it. Briefly. Some of the truck stops on I-85 may have it. I have heard the CAT place down across from the fairgrounds has it in the parts department - but I have never personally been there so I cannot confirm that one. buy it online, have it...
  16. S

Got my vag-com: damnit! Nothing wrong at all!

eh - at some point you'll probably get a glow plug error. That will be a fun code to clear. If you're lucky, you'll get the heated mirror error.... or maybe even the airbag crash sensor failed. Mine went bad - MIL light came on (airbag never deployed - it's just the sensor went bad). They're...
  17. S

New TDI, New to Chapel Hill

no - lots of times the MAF is acting up, and the VAG-COM can read it and see that the computer wants a certain value, but the MAF is only giving a lower one - that's a good indication it's the MAF. There could be codes that do not make the light come on though.
  18. S

Lets talk about airbag deployment

I wonder if the sensor was defective. I have had a left rear side crash sensor go bad - threw a code that triggered the MIL / CEL. I replaced the sensor - little things are expensive. :rolleyes: Didn't make the airbag deploy though. same year golf as yours.
  19. S

snowscreen-ectomy

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=30199