Search results

1. B

Front strut bushing question

does the bushing pull away, i take there not genuine if it does.
  2. B

09a re and re

the box is already out, undo the bell housing and replace, thats why they sell them as spares. i know i would, but its your box to do what you want.
  3. B

09a re and re

you should think about swapping the filter.
  4. B

Pulling car... Again.

theres clearly been a chimps tea party at the fitters with your car. maybe they lifted it not on the jack point, they screwed something to make you spend on a alignment.
  5. B

Which tie rod brand to go with?

imo, lemforder quality isn't what it was. but tie rod is just a straight bar though. see if name on them, probably trw?
  6. B

Coolant loss and overheating, what's the solution?

tiny flat specs of soot in coolant bottle? that you can see with naked eye.
  7. B

Wandering/floating(?) at highway speeds after alignment

FWIW + IMO if i were you maybe you should run over the techs foot as he/she is lazy for not getting it to 0 unless something is bent, the toe should be at or very close to 0, same setting both sides. IMO if not it will zig zag.
  8. B

TORQUE!!!!!

no they dont except for the rotor shield.
  9. B

Worn down remote fobs

acetone to melt rfid glue
  10. B

TORQUE!!!!!

easily stripped tb tensioner stud
  11. B

TORQUE!!!!!

those steel nuts are fine.
  12. B

TORQUE!!!!!

caliper carrier, aluminium suspension componants............
  13. B

Green fluid

post picture of where you drained it from, and pic of brake reservoir.
  14. B

TORQUE!!!!!

i would never angle tighten a bolt into shallow cast iron or any aluminium thread because after its done at first build it will pull the thread away next time out, only a steel nut is safe for tty in my opinion. tty must of been a cent cheaper then loctite for vw. vw want to sell new parts.
  15. B

Bosch rotors - China or Italy? (2 year update)

if theres a quality difference in them i would weigh each disk.
  16. B

Bosch rotors - China or Italy? (2 year update)

are those ceramic pads as theres no wear lip. and pads look full. typical ceramic characteristics.
  17. B

Frame Pinch Weld...Need Advice

what about those 2 piece jack pads vw sell, i put them on the front but not the back where the humps are, as i find the humps dont need them and on top of that i use a hockey puck for any lifting on pad or hump. i take the wheels off drive down with spare on and take too them now so they have...
  18. B

KYB 4052 quick strut install help!

kyb top mounts suck, how hard to get dimensions right.