Search results

1. PradoTDI

BHW to BEW VNT-17 Compressor Housing Interchangeability

Does anyone know if the compressor housing from a VNT-17 BEW turbo would fit on a GT1749va from a BHW? I have a 1749 on my ALH, but the compressor outlet is not in an ideal location and the 90º turn on the BEW compressor housing would be perfect.
  2. PradoTDI

A3 Jetta Core Support Differences

Last weekend I had an unfortunate incident with a Bighorn Ram, resulting in the need for a new passenger fender, hood, core support, headlight, radiator and AC condenser for my '97 Jetta TDI. Luckily I have a lot of parts left over from when I parted out my last '97 Jetta, but still need to find...
  3. PradoTDI

Cleaning used injectors: ALH

I recently purchased a set of stock, used ALH injectors that I plan to install in place of the 0.220 injectors I currently have while I sort out some other aspects of the drivetrain/engine hardware. My question is, what is the best way to clean them? Originally I had planned to install the...
  4. PradoTDI

For Sale: BHW/AFN Exhaust Manifold

Selling a BHW or AFN turbo manifold. I purchased this to relocate my turbo for an ALH swap project and ended up going a different route. A couple of the flanges are clearanced slightly, but not enough to affect the function of the manifold. Comes with the factory pyrometer probe. Asking $100...
  5. PradoTDI

Misc MK3 Parts: Interior, Engine, Electrical, Body

These are leftovers from my previous 1997 MK3 Jetta TDI that I parted out a couple of years ago. All parts are used but in serviceable condition; the car had around 245k miles on it. All items are located in Kalispell, MT, 59901. Make me an offer on all or part of it, I would like to see these gone.
  6. PradoTDI

Cooling System Plumbing: What am I doing wrong?

I have been daily driving my ALH swapped Toyota LJ78 for the past few months and the cooling system has been just fine, but recently I had to replace a couple of bypass caps, one of which is on the little nipple on the back of the cylinder head. I was informed that rather than being capped off...
  7. PradoTDI

ALH Vacuum Pump Bolt Size

Wondering if anyone happens to know the length of M8x1.25 bolt required for the lowest of the three vacuum pump bolts. I noticed an oil leak the other day and it turns out I am missing one of the vacuum pump bolts, causing the seal to leak slightly.
  8. PradoTDI

Boost and/or Fueling Issues After 1019 Nozzles and Stage 4

Hi all, New to tuning TDI's, I'm more used to old, mechanical Toyota diesels. A little background to my problems: I have a Toyota LandCruiser Prado with an ALH swap, initially I ran it with stock injectors, a GT1749VA from a BHW and a Malone Stage 1 tune. It ran 10-15psi, 850-950ºF pre-turbo...
  9. PradoTDI

SOLD: 1997 AHU Engine/Transmission/Wiring

SOLD A couple of years ago I parted out a '97 Jetta TDI, and have finally realized that I don't have the time to do another swap project, so I'm putting the drivetrain up for sale. I parted the car out due to rust and body damage, the engine ran strong with around 250k miles on it. The timing...
  10. PradoTDI

Pulsing Turbo

Hi all! Relatively new here, and definitely new to TDI tuning. I've got an ALH swapped Toyota LJ78 LandCruiser that is currently running a Malone Stage 1 tune and GT1749VA turbo from a BHW. According to Malone I should be getting 18psi with this setup, but right now I only ever see around 16psi...
  11. PradoTDI

1997 Jetta won't glow/won't cold start

Hi all, new here! I have a 1997 Jetta AHU with around 195k miles on it. I have an odd problem with the glow system or coolant temperature sensor. Under normal conditions the engine refuses to cold start (even on hot summer days), it just stutters and puffs huge clouds of white smoke. However, if...