Search results

1. jetta 97

Timing Belt Age 40k Miles

6 years is max what all T/Balt manufacturing recommend . So you are 3 years over. If is my car I would do it ASAP.
  2. jetta 97

Dfw tdi's?

There is tons of TDI in DFW area .
  3. jetta 97

Clutch Replacement Light Pedal Feel

Absolutely normal. I get this question all the time when I put new clutch to customer .
  4. jetta 97

ALH injection pump head seal replacement - alternative method

Done over 100 with Duck Tape method and never had any problem. Never had to remove head.
  5. jetta 97

Accessory key position - don't have one

It is not ignition , it is VW made newer Radios to not play at ACC. You have to push power button if you wan to play Radio.
  6. jetta 97

Immobilizer Delete, New Cluster, or Battery?

I never seen battery will cause Immobilizer problem. How ever mk5 models has problem with cluster and I have solution for that , which cost 3x less what will cost you to put new cluster in car . Imo0 delete will make car start and run , but when you have problem immob active "message will be all...
  7. jetta 97

Ignition Switch Issue

It is not ignition switch , it is Ignition housing that needs to be replaced. I suggest you do it soon as you can , because now you can remove Key Tumbler very easy and use existing keys back , one day , very soon , you will end up with not turning at all, and in this situation it is very hard...
  8. jetta 97

One Key

It is very risky to try remove rfid chip form original key, They glues very good and 99% of the time they brake , then you end up in no start situation.
  9. jetta 97

Passenger door won't lock, even after replacing lock mo

Make sure that you do not have broken harness , this is common problem on Mk5 , 2006 models . Someone pull out that fuse for reason. The writes brakes between door and chassis , you need to pull out that rubber isolation and look at wires.
  10. jetta 97

Timing belt change on 2014 Passat TDI with 88,000 KM?

Here we go: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/bew-guys-80k-means-80k-or-5-years.517911/
  11. jetta 97

Timing belt change on 2014 Passat TDI with 88,000 KM?

Are you going to pay for damage when t/belt brakes on this car????? Every timing belt has time and miles ,All manufacturing recommend no more then 6 years regardless of miles . There is a member from Canada it happened to him at 95000 kilometers, and belt was 6 years old .
  12. jetta 97

Can I put a 6 speed manual in my 05 Passat TDI wagon?

Once you change transmission , Gear ration will chnage and CC will not work anymore . Yes I do any kind of tuning . As far as fuel economy ,with correct tune and when you put correct TDI transmission you should get about 40mpg HWY, City is very hard to tell , depend of driving conditions , how...
  13. jetta 97

Gas cluster in diesel 2000 beetle (want to wire a glow plug light)

In Immo 2 System you do not need SKC from Cluster that is intall in car . Only from Donor cluster.That why worked :). What about Miles not matching???
  14. jetta 97

Horn Not Honking When Locked

Brian I can not believe you do not know how to lock manually A5 Jetta /Golf. On side of the door there is a hole with rubber plug, remove that plug and you push plastic know in , and it will lock door manually .
  15. jetta 97

Can I put a 6 speed manual in my 05 Passat TDI wagon?

One thing you need to have in mind is Cruise control will not work when you put different transmission code. That can be fixed with tuning ECU , and I can help you on that if you wish to have Cruise control working. You can message me if you need any help on that .
  16. jetta 97

Gas cluster in diesel 2000 beetle (want to wire a glow plug light)

Beetle cluster is way complicate to read then Golf/Jetta even with good original Immobilizer tool, Specially 2005 and up. Some of them can not be read OBD at all, need to read direct with programmer. And for your early Question , Yes 2005 Cluster will work on 2000 model. However , I can do...
  17. jetta 97

Glow plug lights keep flashing on my VW jetta mk5 1.9tdi

You need to scan car with VCDS and see what faulty codes you have .
  18. jetta 97

EDC 17 /MED 17 Immobilizer OFF service - Immo Data Programing

Members from TDI club will receive $20 off for service any time . To get discount you need send me Private Message.
  19. jetta 97

Auto to manual anyone done mk6 yet?

DSG transmission is way over Mk4 automatic , I have seen cars 200-250k with 0 problems but of course service was done every 40k.
  20. jetta 97

CR 6MT jetta TDI drivetrain swap into a Tiguan

Correct , He is currently building one more and I programed all his cars :). The biggest thing is Immobilizer programing and match ABS .