Search results

1. Inked00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20211130103612267_COVER_LI.jpg

Inked00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20211130103612267_COVER_LI.jpg

2. J

Another B4 Speedometer Issue Thread

Medium resistance, not one way or the other. I just tested both on the board again and compared each to a couple spares I had and they were comparable 140+ Ohms http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/Articles/How-to-test-a-capacitor
  3. J

So I just checked the resistance on the larger cap and it is showing 1.5Ohms which I suspect I do not want. Can I get a confirmation?
  4. J

Just Another ALH Build

It's been a mild winter so far, glad to see Anuthee got you sorted out, he is good people. Ive managed 740 miles on my new build so far. I am in the process of fixing a cluster issue in my daily so I have been driving my ALH golf around in the meantime. Keep it going!
  5. J

I managed to figure out the caps, although now I do not have a speedo or tach, I still have odometer and clock so at this point I think the issue may be in the ELMOS. Symptoms include, grinding from cluster at key on and it seems like I can hear the stepper motor rotating and catching. What can...
  6. J

jhax's Built ALH into a MK2 Golf thread

Correction, I think I want to clock the inlet housing of the CHRA based on the linked photo, that will push the arm and vein lever down further (opening the veins more initially). https://turbosurgery.com/3327-large_default/audi-a4-a5-a6-20-tdi-cglc-garrett-gtc1549vz-817047-1-818987-1-turbo.jpg
  7. J

Alright based on how the turbo is currently oriented, I believe that in order to Lengthen the arm I need to clock the turbo clockwise. This is as far as the fine adjustments will allow me to go. Note the paint is where it was originally. If I am correct I can clock the turbo further in a...
  8. 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20211124172039160_resize_36.jpg

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20211124172039160_resize_36.jpg

9. 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20211124172023498_resize_45.jpg

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20211124172023498_resize_45.jpg

10. J

Ah, yeah I opted for mk3 just because it was more readily available. And I actually used B4 control arms which are shorter than MK3 believe it or not. I stuck with them as opposed to going back to mk2. I purchased a fender roller which helped, also an alignment really helped. Thank you Steve, I...
  11. J

Thank you, I am running a mk3 cluster. Works like a charm I have been sending some logs to @burpod who has informed me that my actuator arm on my GTC1549VZ turbo is too short, causing my actual boost to be way above requested. I took off the actuator to find that there is no physical adjustment...
  12. J

Well that's a no go. Plugged the cluster displays are blank until key on, then they display as they should, heard the whirring noise, started it up no tach drove a few yards, no speedo. When I initially removed the tach needle it took the stepper motor cover with it. There are 2 gears one...
  13. J

I never even removed the white plastic that is on the board. I had enough room to desolder the large cap from the bottom of the board.
  14. J

Son of a... no its still on my bench ill take it apart again
  15. J

I put it all back together it was an inductor there, my board looks like the photo above only 1 capacitor the C970 (furthest space on the right) did not originally have a cap also like the picture above.
  16. J

Well hopefully I can get this inductor back on, are those polarized? I dont see any indication on it that it is, just a semi opaque plastic housing with a copper coil wrapped around inside it.
  17. J

I replaced the bigger capacitor at the top already, that is soldered in. the L101 was desoldered and that smaller capacitor is just sitting in there. the C970 never had anything soldered in it to begin with.
  18. J

There was what I now assume is an inductor. I desoldered it thinking it also needed replaced because the information conveyed on this thread "replace the capactorS
  19. J

So when it was mentioned to change BOTH capacitors in the top right corner. That is incorrect? Really it is changing ONE capacitor? I am confused.