Search results

1. TornadoRed

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

A month ago the February 2022 WTI crude oil futures contract closed at $83.50/barrel. Today, $66/barrel. New York Harbor ULSD futures peaked at $2.57 and change per gallon. Today it closed at $2.08/gallon. I suspect both contracts will rise later this week. But I also predict that prices at...
  2. TornadoRed

MN Chat Thread

Not mine. https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/d/hugo-2002-vw-golf-gls-19-tdi/7414216322.html
  3. TornadoRed

MN Chat Thread

All used car prices are higher than a year or two ago. ALH and BEW TDIs are running over $3000, with wagons over $5000. I doubt that asking prices of $7000 or higher are being met unless the particular vehicles are really spectacular.
  4. TornadoRed

MN Chat Thread

Condition and a complete maintenance record can justify a premium price, and the difference between a $1500 car and a $5500 car.
  5. TornadoRed

MN Chat Thread

Have you tried Drivbiwire? Bosio DLC's are the best.
  6. TornadoRed

In Minneapolis, South Central Imports has closed permanently. Chad has decided to teach auto...

In Minneapolis, South Central Imports has closed permanently. Chad has decided to teach auto mechanics at the local technical college. So you can drop SCI from the recommended list.
  7. TornadoRed

2005 VW Passat GLS TDI wagon for sale.

Still, a nice car at an attractive price.
  8. TornadoRed

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Provide a review afterward, please.
  9. TornadoRed

Any good salvage yards in the central Minnesota area?

I was only looking at what they had for Mk4 VWs. None of them have CP3s, so you'll need to do your own Mk6 search.
  10. TornadoRed

Any good salvage yards in the central Minnesota area?

After seeing this thread I decided to check their inventory at East Bethel. They've just received two 2001 Golfs, Oct 20th and Oct 21st. No information on which engine or transmission, but they might have parts that will fit on a 2002 Jetta wagon. Let us know if you check them out and what you find.
  11. TornadoRed

Just Bought Used TDI that was low on oil. Need some advice about getting motor flushed and as clean as possible.

ZDDP is not a miracle oil additive. It's just zinc, and newer oil blends do not have as much of it as they did 5 or 10 years ago. I do not have a PD engine but if I did I would be adding an ounce or two of ZDDP at each oil change.
  12. TornadoRed

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

I haven't heard anything recently from or about the names on the list, but they were all well-regarded in the past. The guy running this shop is a TDI Club member and a registered vendor. He seems okay but of course I don't know him personally...
  13. TornadoRed

Distillate fuels are already in short supply, and there's more demand for heating oil to replace really expensive natural gas.
  14. TornadoRed

Need TDI MEchanic near Twin Cities, MN

Yes, Chad will be teaching auto mechanics courses at the technical college.
  15. TornadoRed

The wholesale/terminal/rack price of ULSD is about 26 cents/gallon from the 1st of September. That is about the same as the increase for the November futures market.
  16. TornadoRed

Are you double-counting purchase price and depreciation? Purchase price is not a cost of ownership, but depreciation is. Your maintenance costs seem too low. When I do my own TCO calculations, they average about 22 cents/mile.
  17. TornadoRed

I was surprised to discover that there are 1600 Sinclair stations -- I never thought there were that many. The company's HQ is in Salt Lake City. There are only a handful of Sinclair stations east of the Mississippi. https://www.sinclairoil.com/find-sinclair-station-near-you
  18. TornadoRed

From a couple days ago. A typical price for RUG, while ULSD is $3.149-$3.199 almost everywhere and sometimes higher. This is the normal time of year for diesel to rise in price relative to gasoline, what with the harvest season in full steam and an increased demand from tractors, combines...
  19. price

price

20. IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg