Search results

1. markward

2016 Speedometer Correction VCDS

I understand what you are saying. That's one thing I did not do. I was toggling the up and down error. Someone posted a phone video of their laptop in the sun that didn't really cover how he got to that point. Just where to change the value. Please don't go to any trouble. I'll see what the...
  2. markward

Module #17 Instruments/ Advanced coding 07/ Long coding helper. View doesn't align with the MK linked screen. Also looked under adaption and tried changing the % for correction. Adjusted from 100 % to 85% in steps. Road test revealed no changes. Reset back to 100%. Looked under the ABS module...
  3. markward

Thank you. Came across the same article and a similar you tube video. Unfortunately the 2016 module displays different coding screens. It's likely more specific model year etc. Thanks again.
  4. markward

Hello, had an owner in today. He has installed larger diameter tires on his 2016 Touareg and the speedo is reading slower than actual verified with GPS. Using VCDS and you tube, we had no success using long coding or adaption in the instruments section of the software. No obvious solution in the...
  5. markward

How to identify pump sprocket bolts

Ha, the bolts I removed look nothing like either image. Thank you. Mark
  6. markward

This engine was adapted to a strictly mechanical pump recently. The slots in the sprocket where you would adjust the timing are so hammered that I decided to not reuse the sprocket. Ordering new sprocket and bolts today. Either someone was making multiple attempts to set the pump timing or at...
  7. markward

Thanks, Tapered at the head? Not sure what that means. The pump sprocket slots are pretty beat, so I'm going to replace the sprocket and the bolts as a set. Thank you though. Mark
  8. markward

Hello, I don't normally work on TDI's and when I did my timing belt on my ALH I replaced the pump bolts that can be reused. We have an ALH 1.9 that is new to us getting the head replaced. The owner has no idea if the pump bolts have been updated. Unfortunately, it's been so long I can't...
  9. markward

1Z/AHU into 78 Bus

No affiliation, but these folks have been around a long time. They are selling new long blocks. I understand about the older generations getting rare. Can't recommend a rebuilder, but without oversize pistons and a boring plate, the end result may not be that great for you...
  10. markward

1Z/AHU into 78 Bus

Mark, I would think you could find a good used long block that would get you many miles of travel. I bought a 99 Golf wrecked in the rear a few years ago for $1200. Still runs and drives nice. They probably have come down in cost since then. Look for a used car, grab what you need and sell the...
  11. markward

Take the cash or keep on rolling my JSW?

We surrendered our 2010 JSW. It had 110,000 miles. The offer was just north of 17K. We have no shortage of vehicles to drive and the check engine light had come on again. This time for some cylinder pressure code. No regrets. Other than the web application, the process was quick and painless...
  12. markward

01237 - Fuel Shut-Off Valve (N109): Open/Short to Ground

Yes I did the conversion myself. I am suspect of the connections myself. Intermittent problems are the worse. I can't duplicate the problem in a safe environment. At some point it will happen when I can troubleshoot it. That's where the idea of a warning light came from. If it goes out, the...
  13. markward

Power comes directly from pin 77 on my 80 pin ECU to the cutoff switch. I see one factory 10 pin connector. If the engine is running and I disconnect the fuel cutoff switch, that should throw the same code? Seems odd that if the valve were the culprit that it would run fine for miles and at...
  14. markward

Hello, Not sure where to post, but will start here. I have a 1.9 TDI from a 98 Beetle installed in our Vanagon. Have had 45,000 trouble free miles. Recently, out of the blue going down the highway the engine has quit. If I cycle the key, it restarts. I have recorded this fault. 01237 - Fuel...
  15. markward

Catalytic converter light just came on

TY, It seems after further reading here, the owner's manual is not exactly correct for the 2011 TDI JSW. The owner manual calls it a Catalytic Convertor warning light, but it really is a check engine light. I'll connect the VCDS this weekend and see what is actually recorded. I was going on what...
  16. markward

Catalytic converter light just came on

Hello, what is the warranty period for the Catalytic Convertor system?
  17. markward

Steering Assist Failure After Battery Change

Update, I took the car for a very short ride, went around the culdsac full left turn and then full right turn. All warning lights are gone. Must be some sort of adaption that needs to happen and my first road test was not enough. Thank you. Hope this helps someone else in the future. mark
  18. markward

Fault Codes after replacing battery

Hello, I had to replace the battery in our 2010 JSW. It took interstate battery over a day to get the replacement. I had the old one sitting out of the car for the warranty exchange for that period of time. Installed the new battery. Car was fine prior to the battery dying overnight for no...
  19. markward

BRM PD100 into a '77 Westfalia

With a type 2 I believe there is enough room to run the engine upright. You can get a bell housing from a few sources. No adapter required. If your block is similar to the 1.9 TDI, you will need a custom oil pan and pickup. I fabricated mine. FAS in Maine sells an oil pan that works with the...
  20. markward

Ale tdi ?

Ok, I checked with LKQ our used parts supplier. They have none in their system. Who might have a long block available for shipping? Thank you. mark