Search results

1. tdidieselbobny

Strange no-start situations on '03 Jetta ALH...

This has me puzzled. 2003 Jetta, 469k. It started doing it a little after I installed a reman starter( is a Bosch, in Carquest box). Cleaned grounds when doing it. Battery is good. Car starts by the 2nd crank every time. Lately it has been doing a no start-as I turn key, all lights come on, and...
  2. tdidieselbobny

Any way to check used 02J 5spd manual transmission for problems before installing?

Hi folks! Well, getting close to going to put that used 5 spd 02J transmission in that I bought last year. I was told it came from a running, driving car with around 190k IIRC. Waiting on the Luk clutch kit from IDParts that was ordered a week before Memorial Day( really don't want to put new...
  3. tdidieselbobny

Water infiltration through bottom of rear doors '15 GSW S trim...

Well, wanted to see if anyone else had this problem here. Last year I noticed water trickling in bottom of rear passenger door. It's an S model, no sunroof. Then a couple weeks ago I noticed it happening on driver's side now. I researched a little and some people were saying the door's bottom...
  4. tdidieselbobny

Rear door little speaker fell out(one in center of door)....

Hi folks! I was wondering if anyone else had their little rear door speaker break and fall off? I'm talking about the one that is in center of the rear door panel. I opened door today and saw the little speaker hanging, the bottom left plastic backing piece broke, a little piece is stuck to door...
  5. tdidieselbobny

White Eurovan Syncro TDI...

Don't know if you're on here-I was on Rt. 15 north north of the Maryland line in PA when you passed me- a white Eurovan Syncro TDI , bunch of stickers on rear window and a blue box on a hitch rack, so I couldn't see your plate- I was in the Silk Blue GSW w/NY DZLGate plates...
  6. tdidieselbobny

Anyone use 5x100 to 5x112 wheel spacers???

Hi folks, quick question. Has anyone used those 5x100 to 5x112 wheel spacers? I was thinking of using the ones I bought awhile back. I have some VW Lyon wheels 5x112 that have alot of tread vs. the Ronals I'm putting on to get it aligned that are almost to wear bars. I'm thinking the rears would...
  7. tdidieselbobny

Lost 5th gear 2003 Jetta...

Hi folks, couple questions. Son was driving on interstate yesterday when car redlined and lost 5th gear. Drove it home in 4th. I took it for a spin later in day-1-4 shift fine,no noises- put it in 5th, light whirring noise/grinding kind of noise.Got home, jacked it up and put it in 5th-wheel...
  8. tdidieselbobny

'15 GSW Timing Belt-age or mileage???

Hi folks! Just throwing this out there for pondering. I believe the timing belt interval for mileage on the '15 is 130k. Is the time still 5 years like previous models? Just wondering, as it is a '15 and will be 5 years old this year, but only have almost 44k on it now. It'll take at least...
  9. tdidieselbobny

H8 Battery in A4....

I was wondering if anyone has tried fitting a H8 battery into an A4 Jetta- I saw a reduced one for around $90 at Wally world, might be able to get it a little cheaper. I measured it and compared it to compartment on the A4, looks to be a bit longer than tray- like to get it because it has 900...
  10. tdidieselbobny

Coolant loss

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this. Last time I had it serviced in February, I had them check to see if water pump was leaking or weeping, as my coolant level dropped below the bottom line on bottle. They didn't find any weeping or leaks around water pump(so they say), and said...
  11. tdidieselbobny

Dieselgeek oil bypass....

Hi folks! I bought an '03 Jetta that had the Dieselgeek oil bypass filter installed(secondary). Being that it was installed at around 250k on engine I believe, is it worth it to keep it? Why I ask is that I'll be replacing valve cover in awhile due to leaks(already have new one) and the return...
  12. tdidieselbobny

Power Steering Pump 1Z/AHU...

Hi! I have a used OEM power steering pump from a B4 I think, should also fit a MK3 (double check your #) -the part # on the pump is 357422155B, no pulley. I can text you a pic or two if you want. $10 + shipping. PM me if interested-Bob
  13. tdidieselbobny

B4 Passat GLX headlight switch

Hi folks! I have a B4 GLX headlight switch w/ fogs-part # 3A1941531K - I think I pulled this out of a B4 years ago at the junkyard, I never installed it in the B4 I had. $40 shipped/offer-Thanks!
  14. tdidieselbobny

A3/B4 Water pump/hoses/housing

Hi folks! I have a brand new Geba water pump(026121005H), the upgraded metal gasket(026121041P-FE), and bolts. Paid over $45,sell for $30 shipped(sold). Meyle 3 way coolant hose-028121053q- $15 shipped . Used water pump housing-037121013a- $20 shipped
  15. tdidieselbobny

New A3/B4 Crankshaft gear and bolt

Hi Folks! Looking through the parts stash from the older VW's. I have a brand new Crankshaft gear and bolt(from IDParts) . New cost was over $45, will sell for $30 shipped.
  16. tdidieselbobny

1z/AHU intake manifold

Hi folks! While digging through my old B4/A3 TDI stash, I found I still had an intake manifold. It hasn't been cleaned, and I think the little hole weeps oil( been over 6 years since I changed it, can't remember). I'll include the gasket. $50 shipped to lower 48....
  17. tdidieselbobny

Injection pump leak from bolt on body of pump...

Hi folks! I noticed my IP is leaking from a bolt head on body that faces the glow plugs. What is this bolt? Does it have a seal? Will I screw anything up or springs fly out if I remove it? It's a bolt head on back side of pump body, just beneath the the top part of the pump, close to where the...
  18. tdidieselbobny

Broken rear washer jet on '15 GSW....

Hi folks! I was wondering if any of you had the lovely experience of breaking the rear washer nozzle that's in the third brake light housing? What kind of PITA is it to replace? I've seen the threads on the leaky washer nozzle , but none on broken ones, so it's not under warranty... well, I...
  19. tdidieselbobny

Rebates on Mobil oils through 12/31/18...

Hi folks! Figured I'd give a heads up if anyone uses Mobil synthetic diesel oils in your TDI's or other diesels.... the rebate is from 3/1/18-12/31/18. Two that I'd use are the 1 gallon jugs-Delvac 1 ESP is a $12/gallon rebate,10 maximum, and Mobil 1 TDT, $10/gallon rebate, 10 maximum. I was at...
  20. tdidieselbobny

'15 GSW rear light wiring same as '16 & '17 GSW models?

Hi folks! I was wondering if anyone here would know if the rear taillight wiring on a '16-'17 GSW is the same as a '15 GSW? Reason I'm asking is that Tekonsha #118730 wiring harness is a plug-n-play model for a '16-'17 GSW,not a '15. I was wondering if something on the TDI model is different, as...