Search results

1. J

not TDI specific, but close

And definitely a road trip for the books... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9729530#9729530
  2. J

Looking For Assistance Purchasing A T3 From Across The Pond To Drive Around Europe In

Greetings Fellow Enthusiasts, My fiancé and I are going on a month long honeymoon through eastern Europe. That being said, I floated her the idea of purchasing a T25/T3 Westfalia TD while there and using that for our adventure, then importing it back to the US when we are done to continue to...
  3. J

SOLD 1996 VW Passat B4V - Denver, CO - $2500 SOLD

Hello All, I have decided that it is time I sell my first B4V. I have had this car since March 25, 2015 and it has definitely been one of the best cars I have owned. I bought the car from a guy up in boulder, he was the second owner. This car has been on many trips and has remained my daily...
  4. J

SOLD 1996 VW Passat B4V - Denver, CO - $2500 SOLD

Hello All, I have decided that it is time I sell my first B4V. I have had this car since March 25, 2015 and it has definitely been one of the best cars I have owned. I bought the car from a guy up in boulder, he was the second owner. This car has been on many trips and has remained my daily...
  5. J

FS: Vogtland 40mm lowering springs $200 + shipping

Greetings, I purchased a set of Vogtland springs about a year ago and installed them on my build. I have since decided that I would like to change my set up. The springs have been installed on the car for roughly 6 months and the car has been driven once. I would like to try to recoup my losses...
  6. J

WTB: ANY CAR THAT WILL GET ME TO AND FROM MOAB $500 MAX

Greetings! My bachelor party will be a Top Gear style jaunt to Moab, where there will be a series of challenges that await my friends and I. I am in need of a car that will get me there and back with minimal work for $500. My friends all live out of state and will be doing the same thing. What...
  7. J

WTB: B3/4 Front Driver Side Window Lift Channel and Inner Door Handle Housing

Good Day, I am in need of a couple of interior parts if you have them. I need a front drivers side inner door handle housing (piece the door handle pivots on) and a window lifter channel. That is the piece that the bottom of the glass attaches to and it bolts to the regulator. Do you have any...
  8. J

Another B4 Speedometer Issue Thread

Greetings All, I recently purchased another b4v and I am trying to work out a speedo issue. Symptoms: Initially a 0mph reading Speedo does oscillate, jump slightly while driving but doesn't jump around drastically. As driving continues speedo increases slowly to 80mph and has since remained...
  9. J

FS: Common Rail AUX Fuel Pump and Housing $145+Shipping

Turns out 75PSI is way to much for an ALH, I have no need for this pump anymore. It ran for a grand total of 5-10 minutes. I bought it brand new off of ECS.
  10. J

Has anyone done this?

I would like to thread an oil pressure sender to a gauge to the port on the hole on the side of the head that is below the vacuum pump. Has anyone done this? Thanks, Justin
  11. J

WTB ASAP MK3/B4 tdi front motor mount bracket FOUND ONE

Turns out I never aquired one and now that the front of my motor is up in the air I desperately need one 1ho 199 273 b shipped to 80110
  12. J

New ui blows

I don't receive pms and when I type in the message field and have to delete or backspace the keyboard goes away whenever i backspace
  13. J

Chase bays brake booster delete kit?

Greetings all, I'm considering the notion of installing a chase has brake booster delete kit on my mk2 all swap. The caveat would be the rest of the vacuum lines that depend on the brake booster. I was wondering what some of the work around options were, if any to mitigate the lack of a booster...
  14. J

FS: non-abs brake booster bracket $60 +shipping

Booster not included. Justin
  15. J

Looking for a mk2 quick ratio steering rack thread

Good morning, I have on a few occasions come across a thread (not sure if it was on here or vortex) where they are talking about installing a quick ratio steering rack and pinion. I specifically remember one of the replies being, "replace the guts from a manual mk2 steering rack with those of...
  16. J

Difinitive DIY Camber Adjustment Procedure?

Good Morning All, I replaced my wheel bearing in my B4 last week and removed the knuckle from the strut. I am looking for a video or photos of the process of adjusting the camber. It looks like the wheels need to be on the vehicle and the vehicle needs to be on a flat surface. You then get...
  17. J

Stock boost pipe diameter?

Greetings! I want to replace the rubber flex hose that attaches the boost pipe to the top of the intercooler. What diameter coolant hose do I need? Cheers, Justin
  18. J

Excellent Autobody Shop In Englewood

Good Afternoon Rocky Mountain TDIers, I wanted to spread the word of the guy doing the auto body work on my MK2 golf. The painter is Robert and the prep guy is Chad. Combined they have about 80 years of auto body experience. They only do restorative work. I am thoroughly impressed by the level...
  19. J

WTB: CR aux fuel pump female pigtail and plug

As the title states, I'm looking for the plug plus as long a wire that can be mustered that plugs I not the aux pump plug. Cheers
  20. J

Alh and ahu same dimensions?

I want to build a wood engine cradle so I can bench test my motor. I have the dimensions of the ahu block but can't find an alh diagram. Are the blocks the same? Cheers