Search results

1. BKmetz

Thoughts and Prayers for oilhammer's Family

Brian Johnston (AKA oilhammer) and his wife Lisa lost their son Noah to a lifelong battle with Lowe's Syndrome, a genetic disorder. They lost their other son Nicholas to Lowe's Syndrome in 2017. Funeral Information: Brian & Lisa Johnston will be having a celebration of Life for Noah on...
  2. BKmetz

2021 TDIFest Discusion Thread

As the title states, this is the 2021 TDIFest discussion thread. We did it before, and we can do it again! (insert music) :)
  3. BKmetz

SUMMERFEST 2020 IS CANCELLED. NAIAS has been cancelled.

The Great Summer TDI GTG 2020 is CANCELLED! https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2020/03/28/2020-naias-cancelled-as-tcf-center-becomes-temporary-hospital/ No updates yet on the naias website. http://naias.com I signed up for the NAIAS newsletter in hopes of keeping on top of this. I...
  4. BKmetz

Dealership Passat Battery Install

I received a coupon book for my local VW dealer and one of the items is a free battery install. VW has competitive pricing on batteries so why not. I called the dealer to make sure the correct battery was in stock and to schedule an appointment for this afternoon. Here are the prices and how...
  5. BKmetz

Car Memory Saver Advice

I'm posting this here so it gets the most views. What I'm considering is one of those memory savers when one changes out the battery. Lots of options out there. Some plug into the aux power socket, what we used to call the cigarette lighter socket. Some plug into the OBD-II port. I'm thinking...
  6. BKmetz

A TDI Warrior Has Passed Away!

It is with great sadness that I inform the membership of TDIClub that one of the original members has passed on. Lance Allision passed away on Sunday, Oct 20th, 2019 due to complications from his long, long battle with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia or CML. He was 45. Lance Allison joined TDIClub...
  7. BKmetz

1.25" Curt Hitch, Basket, and accessories for NMS Passat

Calling all NMS Passat owners! I'm selling my Curt hitch and all the accessories I have that go with it. Price is $200 OBO for the whole bundle. Shipping is extra and is on the buyer. This thing will be heavy and bulky to ship so I cannot consider including any shipping cost. Payment options...
  8. BKmetz

CVCA Oil Change Tips, with photos

I hear and read people complain on how difficult it is to change the oil on the CVCA engine (gen-3 engine, 2015 0nly) because of the wire loom that's in the way. I find oil changes on the CVCA easier and cleaner than the CKRA engines. Removing the belly pan is the same so I'm not going into that...
  9. BKmetz

Show us your VW memorabilia, paraphernalia, models, swag, car photos!

Lets have some fun and get away form the doom & gloom of dieselgate! Post any photo of your current or old VW group car (VW, Audi, Porsche, etc), models, swag items, and any interesting VW themed memorabilia/paraphernalia you have or had. All I ask is that photos be formatted/resized to a...
  10. BKmetz

Any Phoenix gurus?

Any TDI gurus in Phoenix anymore? Specifically in the West side Buckeye, Goodyear/Avondale, Litchfield Park area? My son recently bought a 2015 Passat SEL TDI with the phase-1 fix and the extended warranty on all the expensive stuff. He loves the car. He does his own basic maintenance (oil &...
  11. BKmetz

Extream Cold Start & Running observations, Add your comments!

It was -24F the other morning. My car started right up. Turned out to be a real non-event. Glow plug light was only on for about 2 seconds. It idled just fine and drove normally. It did take a while to reach normal operating temperature. I have the IDParts.com winter grill covers and it does...
  12. BKmetz

2015 Passat Warranty Clarification Needed

My son lives in the West suburbs of Phoenix, AZ. He recently got his real estate license. His 95 Camry with 275k miles isn't going to cut it when meeting and hauling clients around to home showings. He picked up this sweet 2015 Passat TDI SEL premium for a great price. He bought the car...
  13. BKmetz

Window Tint and Paint Protection Film Installed!

I dressed up my Passat this week with window tint and paint protection film. I had both on my 2014 and I was very happy with how the tint kept the car cooler and and protection film kept a lot of road debris and abuse off the paint. I went with the same products I had before, Llumar & Xpel...
  14. BKmetz

2015 Passat TDI coolant question

I found this gem on the internet and pounced on it. I got a very good deal and of course the great extended warranty. The car has more power than my 2014 does and so far I'm getting at least the same mileage and probably more. I'll have a better idea on the mileage after a few weeks of...
  15. BKmetz

Buy Back Value

I searched this forum and did not find anything that addresses my concerns. I registered my 2014 Passat SE TDI 6MT within a few of days VW opening its portal. I chose the 'FIX' option. As we all know there is now a fix for all the Gen-1, Gen-2, & Gen-3 cars EXCEPT for the Gen-2 2012-2014 Passat...
  16. BKmetz

Dash Cam Install, with photos

Disclaimer: This thread isn't to promote any particular brand or to even show the dash cam install since they all install the same way. There are lots of You Tube videos to show you more detail. My main goal is to just show where to tap into the fuse panel. Usual disclaimers and caveats apply...
  17. BKmetz

Side Marker Light Issues SOLVED!

A few days ago my car started to have some intermittent side marker light issues. Not every time, but some times when I start the car I get this message. The message goes away after a few seconds and then I have the trouble light. Here is what is annoying, the right marker light is working...
  18. BKmetz

Passat Windshield Question?

I have some nasty rock chips in my windshield. I have glass coverage with my insurance so getting the windshield replaced is the easy part. I have talked to a few auto glass replacement shops. They and I are getting conflicting information what windshield I have and need. Their catalogs are...
  19. BKmetz

14' Passat, DSG or 6-speed? Pros Vs Cons

I know I have this well earned reputation for being a die-hard B4 fanboy. I love my B4. I know every nut & bolt on that car like I know every freckle on my wife. You get my drift and that's as far as I'm going with that. However after driving wifey's 14' Passat SE 2.5 and ignoring the engine...
  20. BKmetz

Adding Passat Fog Lights and Stuff

We'll get the obvious out of the way. Yeah I know, my wife's Passat is a 2.5 and not a diesel. It's perfect for her style of driving (very short trips and in no hurry to get nowhere), so there. This is not an engine related question so it's a non-issue. On VW's Parts & Accessories eStore...