Search results

1. Lug_Nut

TDI fans help doom diesel car in US

Did no one else recognize Gopher's irony in bemoaning how VW damaged GM's passenger car diesel opportunity? It was GM and their diesel passenger car offerings that killed off the US diesel passenger car market 30 to 40 years ago. It took VW decades to get back any semblance of diesel car market...
  2. Lug_Nut

2021 TDIFest Discusion Thread

WOW! Things have changed since I last visited. New forum look and feel, and I see I need to re-size my avatar to fit the new space allocation. But some things haven't changed much. I still have only my diesel Bolens tractor, still using biodiesel that I bought three years ago. I am actually...
  3. Lug_Nut

2017 annualized fuel economy

There has been no monthly listing for some time, but those of us that do tabulate might want to brag or complain about our own result for the just completed year. 2017 annual mileage, one summary entry for the entire year. Driver: Lug_Nut Miles: 14,255 Gallons: 301.420 Model Year: 2005 Model...
  4. wiring now

wiring now

5. tie strap

tie strap

6. leading cross-member

leading cross-member

7. rear cross-member

rear cross-member

8. module relocated to stud

module relocated to stud

9. color confusion

color confusion

10. beaucoup de splices

beaucoup de splices

11. right turn wire

right turn wire

12. module to cover interference

module to cover interference

13. wiring as delivered

wiring as delivered

14. Lug_Nut

First Friday (of fall season) / Farewell to "Snowy"

"Snowy", the white 2000 Golf that Bonnie has been fostering, will be leaving our midsts and heading westward to a new home. The new owner (a long-time Fred's member) will be flying in on Friday to pick up the Golf, and will be heading back with the car on Saturday. What better way to celebrate...
  15. Lug_Nut

Safe Travels / Bon Voyage

In the words of Paul Simon: Well, I'm on my way, I don't know where I'm going. I'm on my way, Taking my time, but I don't know where.
  16. Lug_Nut

40's In A Bag: the premier Barbeque / Car Show / excuse for a party

It's that time of year again. First Saturday in May (the 7th this year, and well into Sunday the 8th), Samsonville NY. http://www.40sinabag.com/ I had such a great time a few years ago, despite having condensation icicles inside my tent Sunday morning, and having to bum a ride home (thanks...
  17. Lug_Nut

VDS-Pro configuration set values?

I'm looking for Configuration settings from those that have successfully used VDS-Pro. I'm specifically interested in what YOU use for your: Connect: baud rate, and Control unit value Protocol Parameter timing values I'm trying to uncover the reasons why I can't successfully connect when...
  18. 100_13421

100_13421

19. 100_13251

100_13251

20. 100_1323

100_1323