Search results

1. 7

2015 TDI Oil Temperature Range

244f is a little high but you may have caught a regen. We're typically at 210-230F for oil temp. Are you reading oil temp via the cluster? I've seen coolant temp that high during regens, but can't say I've seen oil temp that high unless I was driving that speed up along grade.
  2. 7

Anyone know what this sound could be?

Well if the lift pump is weak, it might be forcing the HPFP outside its normal limits causing the metering valve to hammer, not sure, just a wild guess. This EA288 design only has one lift pump, where previous gens had two lift pumps (one out back one under the hood) to reach 60PSI or...
  3. 7

Is a leaky water pump covered under extended warranty?

that'd be a tough one for them to say no. Good luck
  4. 7

Can you test the in tank lift pump?
  5. 7

2015 tdi golf oil leak

you sure it's oil? might be coolant leaking on the TB and you're seeing TB sludge. I'd pull the TB cover. Have you ever had to add coolant?
  6. 7

New cruise control "feature" with 6spd maual

We had a Skoda Octavia "4x4" in Iceland 2018 with a 2.0TDI, 6MT, it had auto start stop, heated steering wheel and cruise maintained with clutch applications i found it rather easy and made sense. If coming to a hill, i grabbed a lower gear, cruise still maintained speed, just like that on a...
  7. 7

what you actually maybe hearing is the metering valve working, when its unplugs it's in fail safe mode.
  8. 7

Dropping the subframe

just thinking of what would be moving/binding when turning. Sounds like you already got LCA taken care of. I don't think they are a known issue but there are quite a few voids in OEM bushings that might be an issue. Other options would be a binding of the steering rack itself.
  9. 7

A "What's it Worth" Thread

IMO until the dealership lots are flooded with new cars and manufactures are tossing 2-8K off MSRP demand will still stay high. due to lack of supply. I'm sure those people who replace their cars every 5-10 years are sitting on the sidelines not digging into their pockets paying above MSRP...
  10. 7

Dropping the subframe

What do you have for swaybar mounts?
  11. 7

RIP

lalalala, i hear nothing, lalalala!!! :p
  12. 7

2015 Passat TDI regen 8863 and tranny

Can you get a hold of a VW specific scanner? that'd give you some more insight into the exact code. As for the gear indicator, i forget if it's based of just the cluster and ECU software, knowing loading of the engine and RPM it then guesses what gear you should be in, maybe you're slipping...
  13. 7

let us know if the sound still persists and if you see any metal when you pull that valve. Quite frankly with how sensitive the fueling system is to throwing codes, I'd say its normal until a code pops up.
  14. 7

Dropping the subframe

not sure, but i have head the LCA bushings are rather trashy and cause a fair amount of movement.
  15. 7

Is a leaky water pump covered under extended warranty?

There's multiple coolant pumps on the EA288 TDI, the one that will damage the head if it fails with little to zero warning, is the one driven by the TB. This is the WP that VWoA likes to drag their feet on. The rest will just give a code for open circuit or abnormal current draw and VWoA will...
  16. 7

RIP

Ahh placing all generations and flavors of EA888 into one basket again. I'll keep my head in the sand and pile the miles on.
  17. 7

A "What's it Worth" Thread

we have chickens, that's our garbage disposal. Ah the life of owning a septic system. Even if we were on city sewer, never really saw the benefit/need of a disposal.
  18. 7

Dealer saga continues..

I think the OP just likes visiting his dealer vs actually fixing his car.
  19. 7

Dealer saga continues..

Id recommend driving down the hills until the car is warmed up. If the oil filters the issue, pull the oil filter, try running it up you steep hill while cold. Bam easy test to see if the filter is causing the issue.
  20. 7

RIP

Dont' listen to oil hammer on gas EA888.3 platform, he brings too much logic, our 1.8t EA888.3 of our Alltrack has been pretty bullet proof and quite fun to drive (once DSG and ECU has been tuned). A mk7 1.8t 5spd golf hatch is pretty decent option. If you've been willing to live with possible...