Search results

1. TurboABA

2006 Jetta TDI BRM cranks won't start (no check engine or glow plug lights). VCDS info included in post for Guru's use.

Sounds like you have some electrical issues. I'd focus on one thing at a time. Address one, clear all codes, generate new codes, repeat.
  2. J317.png

J317.png

Power Supply Relay (terminal 30, B+)
  3. G180 location.png

G180 location.png

G180 - MK5
  4. TurboABA

PD Underboost limp mode VCDS diagnostics tips n' tricks

I sure that if you want to be a trail blazer, you can spend some time to search for a SSP that explains how your slushbox works.... that the way most of us learn about all these systems so that we can at least have an iota of a clue as to the crap we poke around at. ;)
  5. TurboABA

Probably because it uses thw ABS wheel speed sensor and compares it to the trans output shaft or something... If the varience is too great for the available gear ratios and rpm, it can only report that you are using an unknown gear to go X fast at Y rpm.
  6. TurboABA

Never ever clear codes without saving first. Always run autoscan and save before anything else. When you have an issue, troubleshoot.... Look at measuring blocks, do output tests, log sensors/values and come up with theories. Based on that, unplug suspect sensors if possible to validate your...
  7. TurboABA

I'd ignore that for now.... it basically just store an ECU code to alert you that you should check your TCM for codes..... If you notice, all his codes were stored when he wasn't running\driving. Looks like he's got some wiring issues or a failed shudder valve (or at least one that's acting up)...
  8. TurboABA

There you go.... so what's the issue now?
  9. TurboABA

Hot tightened exhaust manifold nuts

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/how-to-upload-photos-in-xenforo-and-use-them-in-your-posts.509454/
  10. TurboABA

Hot tightened exhaust manifold nuts

W T effffff are you even barking about? You're throwing terms like "mech eng" around and can't even figure out how to post a picture? Are you crying "poor me" and you want some pity or is that your crappy way of asking for help on how to post a pic?
  11. TurboABA

Glow Plug actuation question

What? It sounds like you "bump" started the vehicle, so it wasn't the glow plugs that helped you start it.... it was the mechanical RPM induced by you rolling downhill and engaging the gear. With a '15, you should be changing the battery if you haven't already... they don't last for ever!
  12. TurboABA

Ongoing intermittent crank issue on my 2005 Passat.

I believe I've even seen 1.7KW versions.... get something with some balls so that you can get the required RPM to start that tractor!
  13. TurboABA

At least you "saved" some money going with the cheaper one! :cool:
  14. TurboABA

Did you read the website\manual that you were directed to a while back?
  15. TurboABA

Not sure I understand what you're saying here.... :unsure:
  16. TurboABA

Malone black friday sale - ordered and shipped!

Oh boy... #7 in this pic is what your "swirl flaps" look like Based on that, I can only assume that the tuner will code it to stay open at all times and I can only assume that there will be some sort of blocking plate at the port above #26 if EGR is also being disabled, but I don't know...
  17. TurboABA

So here's some education for you about the HU issue https://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/aftermarket-radio.html What do you mean you don't know how to retrieve them? Look in your VCDS directory\folder for the *.txt files.... usually start with LOG or similar.
  18. TurboABA

I don't know who's smoking what, but even if you use the Bosch filter that you linked above, it tells you that you need the stronger one. https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/auto/alternators-and-starters/100-new-starters?partID=SR0423X SR0423
  19. TurboABA

Find out what the output is.... maybe it's stamped on it, on the label, contact your seller, etc. I still don't think you're meeting the cranking rpm requirements
  20. TurboABA

Malone black friday sale - ordered and shipped!

Huh? Doesn't your CPNB use the newer "staked flaps" on the manifold instead of the old style individual runner valves? Are you removing the whole V157 unit and airguide pipe or just making some adapter, etc? Post a pic of your parts so I can understand what's happening.