Search results

1. STDOUBT

Looking For the VE VP37 Pump Service Manual...(PDF)

I found this, no idea if it's a help, only 66 pages. https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?resources/bosch-ve-pumps.13/
  2. STDOUBT

BOSCH VE PUMPS 2021-11-17

Found "online"
  3. STDOUBT

Newish to me TDi (a few months now) and seems to be driving even better?

Probably the car is feeling better because of your driving style. I take it you give her the beans once she's hot? You don't want to stomp on it until you're up to temp. It would be weird if the PO babied the car with all that tune going on, but granny driving is known to promote turbo and...
  4. STDOUBT

Can lock either IP, or cam....not both.

Yessir that's the bugger. Thank you guys, I'll try and not sweat it and just put it back together. See how it runs and of course watch for leaks!
  5. STDOUBT

About seating the N108. Have the IP in a vise. My damaged one came out with a pop, and went flying, leaving it's nose o-ring behind. Removed that, and went to seat the new unit. Coated the O-rings really well with diesel, and tried to press it in using my thumbs on the 'wings' with the bolt...
  6. STDOUBT

P0111 and P026A on 2012 Golf TDI Diesel

In case you haven't seen the ross-tech wiki: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16395/P0011/000017 ...and yeah, the P026A is a bit non-descript since it's not a VW specific code, this thread might point you in the right direction...
  7. STDOUBT

Awesome guys, thank you!!!
  8. STDOUBT

'03 Jetta, 134K miles, engine, IP, and drive train are all original, never been R&R'd. Trying to lock at TDC so I can remove the IP to replace the N108 (Ohms at nothing due to oil/fuel-fouled wiring). I can see the flywheel mark really well. Cam plate slides in nicely right there, but IP lock...
  9. STDOUBT

ABS brake fluid bleed question

Got it fixed. I ran the vcds ABS bleed a few times until I was getting no bubbles. Took a full liter bottle. Brakes are great now! I had at one point emptied the reservoir, and had to start over. PITA, but worth it in the end. Thank you guys!
  10. STDOUBT

ABS brake fluid bleed question

Recently replaced front calipers, hoses, pads and rotors. Did normal pressurized bleed at ~12 psi pushing air, seemed to go well, except - you guessed it: mushy pedal. No hard grab. Did a couple bed-in runs ~40 MPH, slam pedal down to 20 MPH. I think I still have air in the system. I'm thinking...
  11. STDOUBT

Serpintine belt to tight

If you decide to buy a new belt get this one: Continental - Accessory Belt - 6PK1660
  12. STDOUBT

Door Card Re-Upholster

Nice job! That looks excellent IMO.
  13. STDOUBT

Door Card Re-Upholster

Joann Fabrics has some Chinese, but the stretch on the ones I saw wasn't that great. Might be worth the trip though.
  14. STDOUBT

Door Card Re-Upholster

Well, here's a good thread about this, and I'll probably go this way when I get around to having to repair them: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/vw-door-panel-repair-that-is-strong-and-looks-original.511221/ P.S. I have it from a really excellent thread on here about re-upholstering...
  15. STDOUBT

'03 TDI cam shaft position sensor

Sounds like you don't have a real good history on the car's maintenance? How old is the timing belt? Your symptoms could easily be a slipped timing belt. If it was me 1st thing I would do is verify timing as I inspected the timing belt for lost teeth. 19mm socket on the crank, turn clockwise...
  16. STDOUBT

Has VW stopped using melting 'soft-touch' plastics on interiors?

Don't mean to be a dick, but you should really look into wearing gloves for your work. Consistently exposing your skin to petrochemicals is a good way to get yourself some cancer, bro. They make gloves for a reason, and it's not to keep your hands looking dainty.
  17. STDOUBT

Has VW stopped using melting 'soft-touch' plastics on interiors?

Hahaha. Not so bad in the A4 I think. My interior door handles look kinda cool all scraped up. Like an old spaceship! At least the plastic underneath is nice and shiny. Protected, like. Under the protective soft-touch coating lol Soon enough it will look new again! But really, chalk it up to...
  18. STDOUBT

Injection Pump cap nut torque setting

Volkswagen Jetta, Golf, GTI 1999,2000,2001,2002, 2003,2004,2005 Service Manual 1.8L turbo, 1.9L TDI and PD diesel, 2.0L gasoline, 2.8L VR6 • I A4 Platform You mentioned ALH so..
  19. STDOUBT

Injection Pump cap nut torque setting

The big nut that's on the driver's side? which clamps the hard fuel return tube between two copper crush washers? Bentley says "Tighten to 25 Nm (18 ft-Ib)". Probably want to replace those washers too. I just noticed in this pic the washers are both on one side....bzzzt. Wrong lol
  20. download (6).jpeg

download (6).jpeg

VE pump