Search results

1. jimbote

Manual Window Regulator

Well, it's been almost ten years since I posted the above reply but I will say at least the crank assembly fits the power regulator. As for it lining up with the crank hole in the door panel I cannot say.
  2. jimbote

Audi 80 B4 1Z tdi ALH pump conversion HELP… please

trying to understand your dilemma. Are you swapping wires at the pump connector or farther up the engine harness? On the 1Z/AHU to ALH pump swap the wiring repin is stupid easy #1-7 = #1-7 and #8-10 = #1-3 (ahu/1z small plug) also, are you working with a known good ALH pump?
  3. jimbote

WANTED 06 TDI 5 Speed Transmission

you can use an mk4 tdi trans but requires some modifications to the gear selector and gate selector.
  4. jimbote

for some reason I'm just seeing this. Did you get it sorted?

for some reason I'm just seeing this. Did you get it sorted?
  5. jimbote

Glad you were able to use that info. On the glow light I'm just using the stock toyota low...

Glad you were able to use that info. On the glow light I'm just using the stock toyota low wattage, incandescent, cluster bulb. It's worked for over ten years, 200,000 miles, and thousands of cycles. My truck is a 96 Tacoma if you want to look up the bulb size for a cluster warning light.
  6. jimbote

Who has decent 5sp shifter knob/boot assemblies?

# 1J0 711 113FEU is a stock vw replacement boot. Should run around $50. I have a really nice leather/wood shift knob that I would sell for $100 shipped. Can't remember exact retail at the time but it was north of $450! 😳
  7. jimbote

Welding turbo actuator to work around broken bolt???

you should be able to plug weld from the broken bolt to the bracket hole.
  8. jimbote

ok, what is the best tool and way to remove the fuel cutoff switch on the IP

smear some valve grinding compound on the flats of the nut and wrench then give it a try.
  9. jimbote

WTB; B4 Intercooler

found one.
  10. jimbote

Gas cluster in diesel 2000 beetle (want to wire a glow plug light)

Just unplug your cluster. If the engine starts then the immobilizer is disabled.
  11. jimbote

Gas cluster in diesel 2000 beetle (want to wire a glow plug light)

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/toyota-tacoma-alh-swaparoo.293577/#post-3110590 keep in mind there is no glow plug "wire" going to the cluster in a 2000 beetle as most of those functions are handled by the CAN network. Best bet is to just pick up a tdi beetle cluster but if you...
  12. jimbote

TDI from a passat b5 into a Vanagon.

i believe kennedy makes a specific adapter for inline VAG four cylinders with cast oil pans, possibly adding additional fastener holes to the plate.
  13. jimbote

Air Conditioning stops working at idle

fyi; if the refrigerant level is low, as in below the threshold for the clutch to engage, then it will never get cold because the system needs to see a bare minimum of pressure first. Also, there is indeed a high/low pressure switch. Too low no workie, too high clutch operation gets interrupted.
  14. jimbote

Clutch options/choices for BHW/R150

I'm pretty sure I tried Marlins 1,200 lb clutch for the 22RE and I slipped it immediately.
  15. jimbote

B4 Airbag delete aka B3 glovebox

$100 shipped lower 48 obo.
  16. 20210825_155856.jpg

20210825_155856.jpg

b4 glovebox
  17. jimbote

don't know yet. still in the box.
  18. jimbote

Complete centerforce kit minus the weights. My current setup is an aisin dtx136/ctx107. The reason for the weight delete is they can be troublesome and cause weird pedal feel at different rpms. Quite a few people have deleted with no issue.
  19. jimbote

it's due to the sharp torque rise of the diesel. So it does make a difference. Personally I'd recommend a ctx107 pressure plate with a sintered or kevlar faced disc. The ctx has a perfect feel and it's cheap. The matched dtx136 disc holds up well but is right on the edge for holding diesel...