Search results

1. T

Newly found cold weather don't!!!!

Newly found cold weather don\'t!!!! I've got a small additional twist on this... My brake lights are switching on during the night... If I pump the brake pedal a bit in the morning, they seem to stay off... Unfortunately, I'm about 300 miles from a VW dealership as we're on Christmas visit with...
  2. T

North Texas/Oklahoma Wine & Cheese Run

Folks from DFW (and Oklahoma City) took a recent drive through the country in to Oklahoma. If you've not visited the horse country north of Denton and the area around Lake Murray in Oklahoma, I highly recommend it. It's a great day trip from DFW or Oklahoma City. More photos can be found...
  3. T

DFW GTG - Meet, drive, eat and eat some more!

All event photos have been posted at: http://wickett.org/tdi Thanks to all who attended for making this a great event! If you'd like a high-res copy of any or all photos of your car, let me know. My apologies to anyone who had trouble reaching me... I didn't realize that my AT&T GSM...
  4. T

I've got at *least* 3 loaner FRS radios to pass out. Jeff... I may have you bring up the rear so that we can take advantage of the longer range of 2m amateur if we get stretched out.
  5. T

I'll be bringing FRS gear for myself and to share. I think Texas TDI is doing the same. Several area Radio Shacks have a mobile FRS unit on clearance for $19.99... A great buy if you do vehicle caravans from time to time. Much less noise/interference than traditional CB.
  6. T

<shameless bump> Less than 36 hours to go! If you've already printed your route directions, please note that the location of the noon pit-stop and directions through Gainesville have changed. The pit-stop had gotten rather seedier since I was last there in March. There's fresh asphalt on the...
  7. T

The time is at hand! It looks like our confirmed or probable attendees will be: Tailchaser Mendei Texas TDI lightwave Darron65 crewdog5 K5ING fwtdi + some guests? 2+ from the Vortex 1-2+ from DFW New Beetle at least 1 from Austin!?!? If you're still out there on the fence...
  8. T

It's still a "go"! The weather man says it should be a little cooler than last weekend (I spent both days standing on the pavement during autocrosses)... We'll plan our "working" stops in the shade. Apart from that, we'll probably keep someone's air conditioning working pretty hard.
  9. T

What happened to gaspricewatch.com?

The problem with the lack of Arco probably stems from the fact that Arco runs its own fleet program and doesn't want to play with the other children. It's great for those of us in Texas where all Diesel is premium diesel... Not so great where fuel quality is a substantially greater concern than...
  10. T

What happened to gaspricewatch.com?

You might try MyFuelPrices.com. Prices are updated by stations/by transactions and may not be quite as all inclusive as gaspricewatch, but at least it lists diesel. To get diesel prices, do a search Near Location and select diesel as your preferred fuel. You can also set up a profile and see...
  11. T

Hope to see you there! Hopefully we'll all learn a few tricks.
  12. T

I'll firm up some destination times as the event draws nearer. Any Oklahoma folks (or anyone, for that matter) that would like to meet up along the way is welcome to e-mail me with a cell phone number so that we can talk-in to a meet.
  13. T

Mark your calendars, fill your tanks (or hold out for some cheap north-of-the-border diesel) and bring your cameras! It’s time for a summer-time jaunt through the countryside (in air conditioned comfort). Make plans to join the fun on Saturday, July 26, 2003, departing Denton, Texas, around...
  14. T

Another vag-com resource in DFW

I know of what you speak. I've heard rumor of a catfish joint southeast of Ardmore that does chicken fried steak. Someday I'll learn how to read. Hmmm... perhaps this would get more attention if posted as an event instead of vag-com...
  15. T

I don't think McGehee's has chicken, but they do have steaks... All dinners are around $10-12. Catfish is all you can eat.
  16. T

How about a "drive and eat" event on Saturday July 26th? Depart Denton, TX at around 10:00 am. Traverse various two-lanes and/or twisties north to Oklahoma. Lunch at Fulton's Fried Pies, followed by a lap around Lake Murray and a visit to Turner Falls. There will be lots of stops along the way...
  17. T

CAT Filter Installed

I'm interested in this cat filter... Will it keep them from leaving footprints on my hood? Or does it keep them from sleeping on top of the tires in the wheel well?
  18. T

Heh... You've mentioned that... I'll get some pictures this weekend. The wagon is going to run as a support vehicle for the Collin Classic bike ride on Saturday. I figured out real quick that 100 miles at 17 mph would work a lot better with the Jetta idling in 3rd gear than the Miata *****ing...
  19. T

VW Driver's Gear - Park Distance Control

VW Driver\'s Gear - Park Distance Control I'm not going to rush out to pick these up, since I can actually see to back the Jetta Wagon so far... But... I hate backing. Hate it. Despise it. They're great on full-size trucks. Wouldn't have one without them.
  20. T

I can quit any time I want.....

I can quite any time I want..... Speed? TDIers speed? Good heavens, no. Well, actually... yes. I got my black Jetta Wagon for highway travel. And... it's freakin' near invisible. It also causes others around me to drive faster - especially if they notice it's a diesel. On my way to work this...