Search results

1. T

Swapped injectors.

I have swapped all 4 injectors for some that I had rebuilt, by a diesel shop:p After swapping started the car with no issues.:o Left idling and rev'ed every now and again, no problems.:o Went for a test drive found that the car becomes very rough during acceleration or climbing a hill...
  2. T

Injectors

When swapping NON PD injectors, do you need to reset or adjust any of the settings through VAGCOM? Such as Injection quantity? Isit better to swap 1 injector at a time? ie #1 start the car let it run, and then #2 start..run, #3 start..run, #4 start..run. Or Does it not make any difference...
  3. T

Water temp

car is a 1.9 tdi, AHF engine. After a 50 mile daily commute Vagcom shows water temp around the 80 - 85'c mark, the temp gauge shows 90'c. I have seen from Vagcom that the engine loses temperature quickly ie from approx 85'c to 80'c. Is this normal? Would this indicate a faulty...
  4. T

Maf

Other than air flow, does the MAF register any other parameter such as air temperature back to the ECU? Would it be possible to have a MAF that appears OK to VAGCOM, ie measured Actual meets Specified, and yet be defective? Thanks
  5. T

Need to quit Smoking

HELP!! Hi, I have a Golf Tdi 110bhp, AHF engine. Always been good on MPG.:D Car does not use any oil between oil changes.:) Recently the MPG has dropped, power appears to be OK.:confused: On start up from cold the car smokes, appears to be cloudy / black smoke. When warm...
  6. T

Cluster Soft Coding values

Hi, Does any one have the soft coding values for a 3B0 (Passat) instrument cluster. The cluster that I have the last digit of thecode is 5, I cannot change it from that. If I try to change the softcoding it returns back to the code that had the . I am trying to set the code to: 20402 ie...
  7. T

Full FIS cluster swap

Hi, Can anyone assist. I would like to swap my immobilser II NON Can Bus cluster for an immobilser III Can Bus cluster. I am aware that the Airbag warning light is an issue, are there any other issues that i should be aware of? Such as the remote keyfobs not being able to be progammed into...
  8. T

Full FIS cluster swap gurus....

Can anyone assit with the following: Well i took the plunge and did it, however I have not yet done the relay mod for the airbag light. Just a note for anyone reading this and thinking of doing it, when you set the Canbus coding to ABS only ie 00002 the airbag light never comes on. If...
  9. T

Cluster conversion. Full FIS

Hi, Can someone advise on what I need to do to do a cluster conversion for an immobilizer II cluster. I'm going from no FIS to full FIS. I have been doing some searching on the Ross Tech site, but have ended up confused. I know form the TDI forum there was a long thread on a cluster...
  10. T

HELP .........WIRING

Hi all, Can anyone post the wiring diagram or the pin assignments for the AUTO DIMMING mirror as fitted to the Passats and W8 Passat. Its the one with switch underneath and the LED's. The mirror itself has 4 wires coming out of the rear to which the wiring harness plugs into. Cheers...
  11. T

Help

Hi all, I have a 110TDi, If I go on a journey which consists of all motorway driving during the day, and I drive consistly I get a value for my MPG, no problem there. Now if I do the same journey at night, less traffic, colder air temp, drive consistly(in the same manner as driving during the...
  12. T

Am I going NUTS

Hi all, I have a 110TDi, If I go on a journey which consists of all motorway driving during the day, and drive consistly I get a value for my MPG, no problem there. Now if I do the same journey at night, less traffic, colder air temp, drive consistly(in the same manner as driving during the...
  13. T

Timing values

Does anyone know what the ideal timing values would be for a euro 110bhp Golf AHF engine, or are they the same as a 90Bhp Thanks in advance. TDi 110
  14. T

Speedo

Hi, I was drivin at 80mph and noticed the speedo needle dropped suddenly and then shoot back up to 80mph. All other gauges and needles were fine, no loss of power or traction. This happened on 2 occasions on the same trip. Previously about a month ago all the needles on the gauges dropped...
  15. T

Good or Bad

400 miles on just less than a full tank of fuel, doing an average of 80mph(trip computer shows av 69mph. MFA was showing average of 47mpg then went up to 52mpg. I estimate I will probably only get about 450 miles out of this tank before the next fill up. Is this good or bad for a 5dr 110bhp...
  16. T

ECU

Had the ECU on my 110Bhp Golf MK4 swapped by dealer due to the shudder, mpg is now worse than before by about 5-6 Av mpg, is this correct? should this happen when the ECU's get changed for one's with the correct software, to eliminate the shudder. On motorway in summer was getting 55mpg, in...
  17. T

UK Warranties

I asked a dealer in the UK if I was to add a boost gauge would it invalidate the warranty. They said yes, as it would be adding a sensor to the engine. Still have 1 year left on warranty Is this right? I'm thinking that if the gauge is mechanical, what sensor would there be apart from the tube...
  18. T

North West

Anyone in the North West UK with a VAG COM?
  19. T

Noise

Why is the TDi engine more noisy when cold, cpompared to when it has warmed up? Thanks.
  20. T

Is there a storm brewing

Hi folks, Was driving on the motorway the other day, and watchin the MFA, whilst I was accelerating I noticed the ALL the needles on the dials briefly drop and then return to their original positions apart from the rev counter and speedo which where increasing as I was accelerating. I had...