Search results

1. R

2005.5 Jetta Driver Door Harness (Longer)

Yes, I do know that there is a My Turbo Diesel explanation of this issue. To recap, the initial A5 harnesses have an issue that they are too short I believe, so the wiring frays and breaks. It leads to all kinds of problems with the wiring in the door. Enough said about that. Anyway, I...
  2. R

2006 TDI Weird Issue to Me...

The car was accidentally filled with gasoline. The corrective steps were to tow it home from where it stopped. (Car was loaned to someone who thought they were doing a good deed by filling it up after use). Fuel evacuated from tank and filter. New filter followed by new fuel pump, followed...
  3. R

FS: 2006 Jetta TDI Package 2

A friend of mine bought this car for his mother. It is the upmarket package with intact leather seats in tan, the MFD+ display, multifunction steering wheel, climatronic and I believe puddle lights among other things. The car has 169,533 miles on it and has had a timing belt job done with new...
  4. R

Timing Belt Question/Longevity/Dealer Code Words

I am going to put my Mark V up for sale. It now has 155572 miles on it. No, this is not a for sale ad. My question revolves around the timing belt. I bought the car about a year ago and did some minor work. It had 143,000 miles on it at that time. I did not get any information on the...
  5. R

GLI black interior leather, regular leather front seats, 2006+

I've been trying on various leather interiors in my MV TDI. I've finally settled on a red Katzkin interior over GLI foam. I have also been trying out various seat frames with and without power. What I have is GLI leather in black that is in excellent condition, front and rear. This is a fairly...
  6. R

GLI Leather and two Regular Leather Steering wheels

I have three steering wheels, all leather. All three have been refurbished, meaning that the worn leather has been repaired, redyed and recoated. One is a GLI wheel without paddles. It has the flat bottom. The other two are standard leather wheels. They have thumb indents above the horizontal...
  7. R

Issue:Fuel Pump Resealed/No Start

As referenced, Fuel pump on a 2002 Auto MkIV. Top and bottom seals on main body and seals on side where the fuel lines are were replaced. Body of pump was marked when the bolts were removed. Put together with marks aligned. Car won't start now though it was working before the pump was...
  8. R

MKV 2005.5 Suspension questions

As referenced above, the car is a 2005.5 Jetta sedan. Previous owner, VW mechanic put on VWR springs and it looks like the yellow Bilstein shocks. Car has 18in wheels, staggered front and back. Look isn't bad but he rolled the rear fenders. OK, so I'm ok with that to this point. When he...
  9. R

FS:Jetta 2005.5 Rear Manual Sunshade

I have the entire rear package shelf assembly which carries the rear sunshade. I believe this is the anthracite color as the car had the very dark gray leather seats. Bordering on black. The shade moves without issue and has no holes. I do have the attachment hooks but they need to be...
  10. R

Question on underseat computer unit...

I've got a 2005.5 Jetta, with power seats. It came with the leather seats with memory, power, etc. In any case, the previous owner did some screwing around with the seats but kept the power bases. When taking them out and dropping off at the upholsterer today, I noticed that there was a...
  11. R

Another AC Compressor Dead Posting

So driving down highway today, the AC went out. Pulling into the store, I smelled something burning. Parked, let it cool. Came back out, hard starting. Now of course its also raining. As I'm exiting the lot, I hear a pop and a bunch of smoke from the right wheel well Parked it, took a...
  12. R

FS: MKIV Hella E Code Headlights

This is a pair of the Hella E Codes though I think they have the "Hella" markings smudged. These have the fog lights, city lights and H4 bulbs. Bulbs included. I have LED's in the city lights and those will be replaced with regular incandescents. Downside is two issues. Foglights need to be...
  13. R

Question on "Brake" dash light

I've done quite a bit of searching and cannot come up with a conclusive answer. The opinions are all over the map as to cause. Last week the "Brake" light on the dash comes on. The way it comes on is that it beeps three times and flashes continuously. Further, as soon as the key is turned...
  14. R

FS: Bentley A3 Service Manual

The red one for the A3. Includes the TDI as mentioned on the front cover. $45 includes shipping with media mail. If you need it faster, I can get you a quote with the delivery service of your choice.
  15. R

Gray Center Console Cupholder from 2004

This is the center console replacement cupholder console that replaces the previous years non cupholders. Although it is said that one has to gently bend the handbrake a bit, I have not found that necessary on my own car even with a leather handbrake surround. That said, this is one of the...
  16. R

Lightbar Matters

Driving through the backwoods/hills of Texas the other night, Lubbock to San Antonio and beyond, made me realize that although I have upgraded Euro Specification headlights, auxiliary lighting is still a nice thing to have. As I have a foot in the Jeep world as well, I've been reading up and...
  17. R

2002 MK IV Jetta Wagon Tail Lights

This is a pair of tail lights that have no issues. No stress cracks, cracks, breaks or damage. They include the foam rubber gaskets. These are no excuses lights as I do not see any damage. $110 shipped in CONUS. If you desire an expidet shipping method, you'll pay the difference.
  18. R

FS: Audi S Line 3 Spoke Perforated Steering Wheel w/Airbag

Very nice Audi perforated leather steering wheel with air bag. These air bags are located with Torx screws instead of the VW spring/safety pin looking things. This came out of an 2003 Audi S4 so it fits the Jetta A4 chassis. I don't know what other interchanges it will fit. Leather is in...
  19. R

FS: MkIV Three (3) Spoke Perforated Wheel with Air Bag and Gray Wood Accent Pieces

Very nice perforated steering wheel with air bag. leather is in fine condition. I've refurbished several of the smooth wheels and this one is a need nothing wheel. I'll coat it with Leatherique conditioner before I send out, but it is ready to go. $130.00 plus shipping or offer. Gray...
  20. R

Three panel bolstered MKIV leather seats

Found a set of these bolstered seats in a MKIV today. My question is what variant are these and are they worthwhile grabbing in terms of comfort? The leather seats I have presently are tan but the seat bottom has 4 panels and the side panels come around smoothly at the front joining the front...