Search results

1. sootchucker

RIP

are you parting with your MIB2?
  2. sootchucker

Is a leaky water pump covered under extended warranty?

ohhhh you mean the after run coolant pump,,,, in front of the motor right... I think you will throw codes for removing that one.
  3. sootchucker

windshield washer reservior changout

most likely removing bumper and possibly the driver side head light. super easy job.
  4. sootchucker

i could not agree more. however i am on the fence about adding a frostheater... i am deathly afraid of these cooling systems to open it up like that. bad experience...
  5. sootchucker

no, because you swap the solenoid from the OEM pump.
  6. sootchucker

yes to the aftermarket water pump! NO to bleeding these dang cooling systems... lol
  7. sootchucker

Is any coolant loss to be expected?

lifting the top cover might not reveal any sign of a problem. behind the crank pulley is where you need to be looking. and thats not so visible now is it.
  8. sootchucker

Coolant level rise after expansion tank cap is released

if you are keeping the system closed (cap on) and running the car (to operating temp. back down to ambient temp) is the level lower? if so, you have a leak somewhere.
  9. sootchucker

Anyone drill the roof of a 2019 Golf for an NMO antenna mount?

i could see that happening.. my roof is wrapped so i have a small layer of protection. its not the ideal setup, but it works..
  10. sootchucker

A3 TDI or '15 Golf TDI?!?

sure you can. a few thousand bucks.
  11. sootchucker

EA288 Water Pump Failures?

unfortunately, I went with the same style OEM pump. I have to imagine that multiple overheats caused the plastic impeller to swell off of the metal shaft.
  12. sootchucker

after WP replacement, car seems to be driving as it should..
  13. sootchucker

Is any coolant loss to be expected?

put some distilled water in and drive on.
  14. sootchucker

Coolant loss and overheating, what's the solution?

just to clarify, VAGCOM bleed does NOT open the one way valve the same way ODIS does.
  15. sootchucker

no, just the block temp is hot. im assuming the dash gauge pulls data from the block sensor. will follow up on that test.
  16. sootchucker

yes i have VCDS. yes i can use it. i have monitored literally every coolant temp sensor available. i am not detecting coolant flow in the forward part of the system, as i explained. the thermostat was a logical thought, but ruled out after replacement. i dont claim to be the expert at all...
  17. sootchucker

im in agreement with this.... i guess ill start there, and if all else fails i can get a whole new motor for like $800!