Search results

1. V

2005.5 Limp mode, sluggish low end, maf code

I'm stumped, hoping someone much smarter than me can help diagnose this issue. 2005.5 Jetta, 250k A few weeks ago, car went into limp mode on the interstate. I pulled over, disconnected maf and noticed considerable improvement. I replaced with a questionable spare I had and I ordered a...
  2. V

What is this connector?

I got Emissions Workshop! and codes were pointing to egr and N18. Looking under the hood, I noticed this was disconnected. Hell yes! Could it actually be that easy? So far, the code cleared and hasn't returned. What is this connector? . I hope this picture works.
  3. V

Metalnerd Alternator Pulley Bit, Atlanta

Part Number MN3400 Used once, of course. Just trying to recoup some of my money. Would love to get half of the $29 plus shipping, but make me an offer.
  4. V

Switched outlets magically became unswitched

Switched outlets magically became unswitched, Battery Drain I woke up to a dead battery several mornings last week. Battery tested okay and would start fine during the day. I have an extension cord plugged into the outlet in the trunk and routed under the front passenger seat that I use to...
  5. V

WTB Mk5 Headlight switch

If anyone has gone with a Euro switch and still has their old one, I would like to buy it. I need the one with Auto, DRL. Thank you
  6. V

2001 Jetta TDI Atlanta FS

I'm selling my Manual 2001 with 307K miles. I will be listing on Autotrader soon, but wanted to mention it here first since it would probably take someone from this forum to see her true, inner beauty. Black leather interior, in good shape for the miles. Could use a paint job. Very good Toyo...
  7. V

Coolant Temp Sensor

I had been experiencing hard cold starts, leaving my garage in a cloud of smoke and embarrassing my kids ever since the weather turned cooler. I was finally able to disconnect my coolant temp sensor, (damn that connector) and ever since then it has popped right off each morning while...
  8. V

Coolant Temp Sensor

I had been experiencing hard cold starts, leaving my garage in a cloud of smoke and embarrassing my kids ever since the weather turned cooler. I was finally able to disconnect my coolant temp sensor, (damn that connector) and ever since then it has popped right off each morning while...
  9. V

Smoke, no power, help!

2001 Jetta Mk4 207K miles. I have searched through the forums until my fingers hurt, so please be patient with me. The other day after a short errand, easy driving, I was backing out of a parking spot and the car stalled. I restarted it and it had almost no power, couldn't get the rpms up at...
  10. V

WTB Wheel well skirts and center vent MK4 Jetta

WTB Inner Fender Liners and Center Bumper Vent MK4 Mine are trashed, and need to get my skidplate back on. Shipping to 30024. Thanks
  11. V

MAF Sensor question

Please don't tell me to search, because I've searched until my eyes hurt. I love this forum more than I can say, but the search function is quite frustrating to a newbie. I'm wondering about cleaning the maf sensor. I have the security screws and can get it out, but it's the entire housing. I...
  12. V

Newbie brake caliper question

First of all, please forgive my ignorance. I just purchased this car 2001 Jetta TDI 115k. I was getting the tires rotated at a tire store and was told I needed new front and rear brakes. I suspected that I did, no metal sound or anything, but they felt wierd, so agreed. I just got a call...
  13. V

Key only unlocks driver door

I've done a lot of searching, but cannot find an answer. The key only locks/unlocks the driver door (seems mechanical). Won't do the cool window up/down thing. Possibly the coolest feature of this car! It was working recently. Central locking works fine with the fob. Any suggestions? Thanks...