Search results

1. superskid

Dieselgeek bypass Oil Filter, 2 Micron filter, some other filter

Replying to PM's now, was on a work trip. Yea, haven't been active since my Jetta was in an accident. Have had these parts in my garage forever, finally cleaning it out.
  2. superskid

Dieselgeek bypass Oil Filter, 2 Micron filter, some other filter

I had a bunch of custom pieces on my 2003 Jetta, unfortunately it was in an accident. I did pull out some of the pieces that I thought would have value. I have a dieselgeek oil bypass filter: $160 Also, have the bracket and top for the 2 micron fuel filter kit: $40 And lastly, this filter...
  3. superskid

Washer Fluid Heater wiring

Hmm, does that starting solenoid that was linked to stay powered once it gets 12v power? If so how does it know when to turn off, or would I have to be sending it 12v every time that I wanted to heat fluid during my drive?
  4. superskid

So far I find that if I have my Espar heater running for about 20 minutes before I leave the car starts up no problem, everything must be warm enough for an easy start. Any less than that and it's hit or miss. Looks like the consensus is to install it, but I would really prefer to connect it...
  5. superskid

For this winter I decided to install a windshield washer fluid heater. The heater I installed heats the fluid up to 135 Farenheit before spraying it onto the windshield instantly clearing away frozen ice. This is the model I installed...
  6. superskid

Which of these 2 oils should I buy?

I'm due for an oil change on my 2012 TDI, and just wondering which of these 2 is best? Keep in mind the cold winter ahead in Northern Alberta. I'm not even certain that the Delvac is 507.00 certified which would make this choice pretty quick...
  7. superskid

Help Installing Alpha-Therm washer fluid heater

Espar is done and installed, had to take off front driver tire to mount it, but it ran all winter perfectly. (I didn't install it) The Alpha-therm is pretty small, I'm sure I can come up with somewhere to mount it.
  8. superskid

Help Installing Alpha-Therm washer fluid heater

I decided I want to test out an alpha-therm heater, and risk any damage to the windshield in -40, though I think it will be OK. I have a 2012 TDI, and I am wondering where the best place to splice into the washer fluid hose is? In fact I'm not even sure exactly where it is, unless it's the...
  9. superskid

Ticking noise when car is idling

Never thought of checking. That will be the test on the next drive. Thank you!
  10. superskid

Pressing the clutch had no impact on the ticking sound. When the car was parked in my driveway I put my ear down by the pedals and the noise sounds like it's coming from under the dash just in front of the gear shift. This weekend I will remove that plastic panel and see if I can spot the ticking.
  11. superskid

The ticking is regular, and despite holding the shifter dampening it or stopping it, it definitely sounds like it's coming from in front of the dash. I will test the clutch on my drive home.
  12. superskid

2 days ago my car started making a pretty loud ticking noise when the car is idling. It goes away under 2 conditions: 1.) If I touch the gas at all and put any load on the engine. 2.) If I move the gear stick around and find a hidden "sweet spot" and hold it there. It's never in the same...
  13. superskid

Espar coolant heater

They are roughly $100 depending where you get it from. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/7-Switch-GSM-Remote-Control-Relay-Quad-Band-/200525147857
  14. superskid

Car says "no key" until I turn off Espar heater

Yes it is equipped with KESSY. Because a friend that has installed a few of these did mine not a licenses shop (and the heater is used) not too sure how much help they will be able to give me.
  15. superskid

It is the coolant heater, it is mounted under the front driver fender.
  16. superskid

I just got an Espar heater installed on my MKVI Jetta and is it ever awesome. However, now when I walk up to my car I can't just touch the handle to unlock it I have to use the button on the fob. Then when I go to start the car it says "no key". As soon as I turn the heater off though I can...
  17. superskid

Help with wiring for blower fan control

I am just about ready to install an Espar heater into my TDI this weekend and I had a couple of questions regarding the blower fan wiring. I have a 2012 with the dial for fan speed control. Am I able to plug the external 12v control of the blower fan directly to the fan speed that I want? Or...
  18. superskid

Ultragauge showing DPF regen

I'm curious as to why people want to know when a regen is occuring?
  19. superskid

Will pay for Espar heater install

Anyone in the Edmonton area able to do an Espar heater install? I have tried tracking down Chad. from this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=371437 but no luck. I am more than happy to pay!! Please PM me.