Search results

1. crashtested

What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

Yesterday I spent the last 2hr dry hours in the driveway and changed out the oil, air, fuel cabin and oil filters. It started raining right as I was wrapping up and it's been a monsoon ever since.
  2. crashtested

Dropped off a pair of the winter shoes for new rubber this morning, get the kid to toss them on this weekend. Brakes are coming due. I have the pads & rotors sitting here ready to go but squeaking out every last stop I can - 145k km on the OEM binders.
  3. crashtested

I need the Wife's '13 TDI Malone tuned

So, so simple... Cheese Factory Automotive Phone: (802) 999-6335 Address:61 South Oak Circle Colchester, Vermont 05446, United States View Website
  4. crashtested

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Fluctuating but steady between $1.329 - $1.359/L (CAN) in Southeastern BC.
  5. crashtested

Where do you live I'll come dig thru your bin :LOL: What was the final straw for removing it?
  6. crashtested

Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

Spoke to RP this morning and sellers are getting their cheques ahead of those of us who opted to take the "buy back". RP said it could take anywhere from 6mo to a year.
  7. crashtested

My mailbox has yet to be graced with free $$. Last thing I received was this email back in March: From: DoNotReply@kccllc.com Date: March 8, 2021 at 09:01:26 PST To: imightbeasucker@gmail.com Subject: Confirmation of receipt of your online Quenneville et al v Robert Bosch GmbhH Claim...
  8. crashtested

Should I be considering the mkvi?

I miss my MKIV everyday, especailly when I'm filling up. Sure the new MKVI has some imporvements but the IV I could still wrench on w/o so many digital interferences.
  9. crashtested

Where's my cheque damn it :LOL:
  10. crashtested

Polar FIS pf04 pros & cons

I miss my PolarFIS but then again I don't. I never knew any of those parameters before and really wasn't any better off once I did. More like I became a slave to the numbers, not that I really had any control over them. Fingers crossed that the Bosch cheque shows up... Hello Malone 1.5!
  11. crashtested

Ohhh fingers crossed! GD were you a seller or did you opt for the buyback? I actually had checked out the ricepoint site last week wondering what the outcome was.
  12. crashtested

Preferred fuel filter brand???

$40 - yikes!! www.idparts.com - Hengst - $24.95 plus shipping
  13. crashtested

Polar How many people have had trouble with it

Reflash it. I had this several times and a fresh install seemed to fix it. It's a pain to re & re the module so when I had mine installed I left the USB data cable plugged in and had it tucked up with a velcro strap so I could just pull it down and plug it into my laptop.
  14. crashtested

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Post #1
  15. crashtested

Found an oil & cabin filter I had tucked away and decided to order up the rest of what I'll need for the next service & brakes. 5L of Total Fuel Filter Air filter New oil extractor - old one finally sucked it's last drips after nearly 10yrs of service Brakes front & rear. Zimmerman rotors w/...
  16. crashtested

FS RCD510 North American version. Seattle area. Used. $115 shipped USA

You can not buy a code online. Ask me how I know. It requires the car being plugged into the VW mainframe and coding comes from there. VWoC/VWoA took back the ability from dealerships just grabbing codes in 2012.
  17. crashtested

Rear brake job. First time doing pads on the jsw

Pad thickness for sure but once they start to vibrate you know they've warped because there's no longer enough meat on the discs to dissipate the generated heat. I'll wait until the light comes on. Usually replaced the next day or shortly there after. When I was at 3mm (late Oct when I swapped...
  18. crashtested

Rear brake job. First time doing pads on the jsw

^^ This! I have 85k on my OEM pads & rotors and they're just starting to show signs of needing a refresh.
  19. crashtested

New Owner, 2012 Sportwagon... The Journey starts!

Garbage. There description alone would make me steer clear. Save a few more beans and get something proven, not offshore 2nds.
  20. crashtested

Fingers crossed? I hadn't look at the RP site in a while but I was able to log in and file my claim. Who knows, I guess we'll see! Even stranger was that I decided to purge my maintenance binder just this morning and the records for our 2010 had made it into the recycling bin. Had to go and...