Search results

1. D

Anyone else being short changed on Mileage?

This is sort of a double post, but I wanted to put it under it's own title\thread to see if others have been short changed by VW for their mileage when they did the buyback. So these would be for those who have actually done the buyback and after the "mileage" got a different amount than what...
  2. D

Ross-tech CAN Cable for sell

FS: Ross-tech Cable for sell $100 So I gave back the TDI today and now it's time to sell some of the accessories. This cable cost me $270 when I bought it but I'm not sure what the going rate is now, so make me a decent off and it is yours. I'm thinking $100 shipped to US.
  3. D

So what to do with our VCDS

So for all of us doing the buybacks, what is the recommendation for VCDS. If I read their FAQs correctly, they require $99 from whomever buys our old cable... which pretty much means we'd have to sale dirt cheap to make it worth while for the new buyer. Everyone has heard of group...
  4. D

For those doing the buybacks but still have an outstanding loan...

All, I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner but I did not expect VW to drag a$$ so much once the gavel fell. For those that have not heard of Lightstream before, you may want to check it out. You can read about them but basically they give you an unsecured loan designed for a specific...
  5. D

Maintaining Insurance for buy back?

I know you have to have current registration for the buy back, but anyone know for sure if you also must have insurance? VW is taking their sweet time and I'm tired of paying insurance on a car that is not leaving my garage.
  6. D

Mileage allotment of 1042 per month...What is a Month?

So the formula is how many months since September, but does anybody know if that's the 1st, the 15th, or the last of the month? If we were all the trade are cars in on November 1st, would that be 14 months....or 13 months with Nov 16th being the 14th month?
  7. D

Mileage allotment of 1042 but brackets of 5,000k ?

Never really paid that close attention to the mileage deductions for the buy back because it is what it is and I need to get to work. But now that my replacement will be here soon I'm thinking about it more and realized it doesn't seem to make sense. If Vw is giving us 1,042 'free' miles per...
  8. D

So anyway VW can back out of the buyback?

I just got an e-mail that https://www.vwcourtsettlement.com has been updated so I was looking at it. Something caught my eye (I know I'm splitting hairs here) but.... If the proposed Settlements are approved by the Judge, then Volkswagen has agreed to: •Buy back, terminate leases or provide...
  9. D

Better not crash your car between June 28th - Sept 16th

11. Can I receive benefits if my car was totaled after September 18, 2015? If you owned an Eligible Vehicle that was functioning and operable as of September 18, 2015, but was subsequently totaled (and the title was transferred to an insurance company), you will be eligible for benefits under...
  10. D

How to do your buyback calculations (& post them here!)

Forget all my stuff.. there is a potential issue because it doesn't do a good job of handling the $5100 min. Just go with... --------------------------- Moderator addition: GeekDrew has been kind enough to create an unofficial calculator where you can plug in all of your information and get...
  11. D

So the details of the buyback are in?

It is only 7 am here in Cali, court isn't until noon.. but this seems to know all the details... http://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/its-happening-volkswagen-to-repair-or-buy-back-diesel-vehicles/
  12. D

Want to add Coolant Filter..(For those who have done it)

Hi all, I want to put a small filter in the top return line of the reserve tank to try and get some of the debri out of my system. (true flushing is not an option on this car) I've seen some pics of people that have done it.. for example .... Just looking for a part number or...
  13. D

Just got my VCDS...now what?

Just got the cable and used it today to prime my fuel system. My next thing is to do the DSG fluid change and use it for the Temp. However, I was just wondering if there is anything initially I should do with it? People keep saying it is handy to have, but I was just wondering if there were...
  14. D

Changed Fuel Filter today.. quick question

Hey all... got a 2009 jetta tdi and changed out the fuel filter today. However when I went to put the new fuel filter on I relized that I hadn't paid close enough attention to the old one before I took it out. so I have 3 questions 1) The filter looked the same on both ends so I...
  15. D

Quick Question about reservoir cap 09 TDI?..

For 2009 Jetta TDI, does the reservoir cap have any sort of o-ring?
  16. D

Coolant Capacity?

So I just bought a 2009 Jetta TDI and the previous owner let someone put some non-approved VW antifreeze in the system (aka it's got a slight brown color). So I have 2 questions I was hoping someone could help me with. 1) How much does a completely dry system need? 2) How much of...
  17. D

Advice on DSG Fluid change at 70k

All, I just bought a 2009 Jetta TDI (hopefully I'm in the right forum) and it has 69,000 miles on it. The carfax and the dealer showed that the last time the car was services was at 30k. So it means 1 of 2 things.. either the original owner did NOT do the DSG 40k service, or they...
  18. D

Observations about DSG Fluid Change

Hi all. Brand new VW owner.. just bought a used 2009 Jetta TDI and I can honestly say I may have not done so had I known all the specialty things required just to do simple maintenance tasks. So I have been reading all these posts about changing fluid in the DSG transmission. (I...