Search results

1. 2

Best Turbo for Fuel Economy-GTC1446VZ, GTC1549VZ, VNT-15, or VNT-15/17 Hybrid?

Yes, sorry to answer your question with a question. I look forward to your measurements. Pulling out the popcorn. I hope that others join this thread as well soon.
  2. 2

Thanks for that. What are your thoughts on fuel economy with the turbo beyond what you posted? I would imagine that the VNT 17 (for example) would stay out of boost longer and therefore require less fuel compensation at the same time. This idealism may not apply with VW(s) and TurboDiesels but...
  3. 2

To upgrade injectors or not...

Not to hijack, but these last two posts scare me. I knew a Ford mechanic who would only work on gasser Excursions because of a similar possibility. I have been asking others about this phenomenon for years and all that I get are blank stares. I just hit google on this and the responses were very...
  4. 2

Car won't go above 25 mph or 3400 RPM in park - If I can't fix it I will need to get rid of it!

PakProtector has decided to be a car Philanthropist and is sending me a working cat.
  5. 2

Car won't go above 25 mph or 3400 RPM in park - If I can't fix it I will need to get rid of it!

Right, so many bases were covered in this one thread. I got pretty dirty on systems that I was afraid of before. This is great. I must know about 1/3 of the system just based on this one thread.
  6. 2

Drilling hole for intercooler draining?

Agreed. When I was young removing the wheel sounded so fun and adventurous. Now I dread it. I prefer removing a screw that is already down there if I have to change oil...LOL.
  7. 2

Drilling hole for intercooler draining?

Well articulated. I never stopped to think of any of this. Sound reasoning.
  8. 2

That is the way that I drive. Makes sense. Not sure about my friend who was the previous owner but I would imagine pretty much the same. Going to change the transmission mode from Economy to Sport now. I just love the 47mpg on this thing. Makes me greedy! I have the Wagon to be greedy with now...
  9. 2

This was a thought that I had in the back of my mind!! Only 177k on this car.
  10. 2

Hey Andy, I read that the VNT17s are collectively responsible or producing less mpg all things considered when poking around. Of course, you are more dedicated in that area than me. I have a VNT17 that is on the wagon and have almost been thinking of downgrading to the VNT15 from my sedan...
  11. 2

....I know you were tossing and turning. Thanks so much for your help!
  12. 2

Thanks for and everyone else for your perseverance. It is an aftermarket exhaust put on by the guy who sold it to me. We still talk to this say. He got it from Rockauto but was some cheapie to get him by inspection. The cat is not flanged so rodding it might be a bit harder. Off road pipe would...
  13. 2

Unbelievable! I assume bad cat then? I went for a drive to fill it up after all of this mess and it drove great for a 10mm pump and an 01M anyways. I have not taken a vehicle to a muffler shop in decades for fear of them jacking something up. Suggestions? I really don't think it makes sense to...
  14. 2

I pulled the down pipe and revved right to redline!!! :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
  15. 2

Yeah, I resisted doing the blockoff since this is an auto. I don't think the EGR is at fault since it is closed until the first failure then it starts hopping up and down *OR* does it open up right when it won't rev past XX rpm?? Hmmm... I think I will pull and have someone watch to see if it...
  16. 2

It's alright. I might not have mentioned it. Thread is getting long, lol.
  17. 2

It goes all the way to the stop. I will review again, but as you mentioned let's see if that passes. The EGR was Amazon/Chinesium. I will try the EGR test. As far as the cat test, could I just disconnect the 3 nuts to the down pipe and rev it? The nuts really can't take much more removal and...
  18. 2

Your post on the throttle position and IP correlating. How do I do that? Also, the intake was never that bad to begin with. While replacing the turbo, I oven cleaned and pressure washed it multiple times for good measure. It is not "light on fire" clean but still very clean.
  19. 2

Hi, Could I remove the upper intercooler pipe to rule that out? If so, I did that and it still won't rev. New air filter and no snow screen as well. The ASV and EGR were ruled out (in my opinion) but I can't get over the fact that the EGR starts popping in and out every few seconds immediately...