Search results

1. Y

2013 Touareg TDI - Reliability / Problem Areas

Agreed. I’m assuming he would be getting a heck of a deal for something that high in mileage or I’d look to spend more on a lower mileage, to take advantage of the dieselgate warranty. And, def helps to be able to do own work on general maintenance on wear and tear item. cheers, Rom
  2. Y

Yes clearly there is a difference between 80k and 250k km. The simplest way I’d look at it is, look at all the high mileage TDI Touaregs. He asked how reliable these Touaregs are, I gave my experience and opinion and I plan on keeping mine past 300k+
  3. Y

Ultra reliable and just maintenance of oil change, fuel filter and brakes. I love mine and has been super solid for 3 years, as I got mine used, just with 19k km though. It has 80k km now. My local VW dealership rarely gets any TDi Touaregs for repair, from what service advisor mentions, and...
  4. Y

MK6 Build beginning.

Awesome! Let me know how it goes as I have the DNA delete kit and tune (darkside downpipe) and will also get the cp3 pump from them as well, and no additional cost for the re-tune. I was thinking of going hybrid turbo, but might just spend the extra and get the GTD1756VRK from Mecevo. I’m just...
  5. Y

OBD flash tuning a new a tune

I have a darkside downpipe. And, you’re def right about Buzzken selling hardware. He was just the closest JR tuner so I had him do some work and then added tune. Anyhow, I’ll figure out and I do realize I made a mistake. Although, tune has been good the past couple years, just no support to...
  6. Y

Yeah no answer from Buzzken so I’ll have to see if I can go straight to JR auto tune. Just brutal!
  7. Y

Hi, Need a bit of help/suggestions. I currently have N.American cjaa/CR 2.0 TDI with a stage 2 tune from JR auto(with dpf egr intact). I didn’t get the support, or response I needed, and looking to go with a different tuner. Tuner likely won’t be local, so I would have to utilize one of the...
  8. Y

European CR140 straight bolt on?

Thanks I don't know why I couldn't find CR140 hybrid. And, did you need the inlet pipe or was it direct bolt on? Actually, I see it’s direct bolt on if I choose CR140 hybrid turbo. And, do they supply the turbo and intake manifold? I got a turbo builder that provided intake manifold and...
  9. Y

Cool, I didn’t see Cr140 hybrid on XMan site but maybe I’ll message him as was sourcing hybrid turbo from another fella in the UK. Thanks for the feedback and planning on getting the Diesel DNA (out in BC) downpipe. Question, is there specific coolant hose I can buy, as I believe I have remove...
  10. Y

Tuning and Tuners

yeah I had them tune the car and didn’t think it would be that much to tune out DPF&EGR but I guess with the Covid inflation...sounds about right these days! Yeah I might just make the jump over to Malone but will poke at Buzzken one more time. Thanks Ron
  11. Y

Performance & tuning shops in Quebec

Hello, I have MK6 Golf TDI tuned with stock CR140 turbo. I’m in the GTA, and looking for shop that can install downpipe, upgraded turbo, and tune. Currently I have stage 2 JR auto (chiptuning.ca). Anyone have experience/feedback with Mecevo, in Quebec? I’m really after a smokeless tune, and...
  12. Y

Awesome! thanks for the positive feedback and Assuming you had to delete the DPF? Where did you get yours CR140 hybrid from? Was it XMan turbos? And do you know if EGR cooler would have to be removed, if going with CR170, or other upgraded turbo, or can I just get away with the block off...
  13. Y

Tuning and Tuners

Hello, I have stage 2 JR auto tune and thinking of keeping car for off road use, and considering deleting the DPF/EGR. Do you think it’s high for tuners to charge $250, when you have existing stage 2 tune, and need to tune out the EGR & DPF or is pretty standard charge/pricing? Also, car will...
  14. Y

Thanks for the help, and so CR170 could only be used, without EGR I’m assuming? And I’m going to delete/tune out the EGR, so I’m assuming I’m still good with either CR140 or CR170 hybrid. Turbo builder mentioned the CR140 hybrid is the same internals used for his CR170 hybrid. So, would it be...
  15. Y

Hi, Question, as starting to research turbo replacement/upgrade. Originally, was just going to do the CR170, swap but wanted something a bit more. Speaking with UK Turbo builder and so he has cr140 hybrid turbo, that is direct bolt on. I know the cr170 won’t bolt up without changing the...
  16. Y

Rear camber adjustment

Hi, Need a bit of help as been searching around, and not sure and figure I'd ask. I see GSW and GTIs have the eccentric washer/bolt that can adjust camber. I didn't find the same parts for the reg golf TDI, so I'm assuming camber can't be adjusted without some adjustable camber arms? The...
  17. Y

2015 Q7 TDI trim line comparisons

Thanks for this and I just keep seeing Progressive or Vorsprung(in Canada) and someone sent me the breakdown, but for the gas trim. Vorsprung has the S-Line cosmetic enhancements, Navigation, Bose sound system, colour driver information system display and either 20” or 21” rims. Ron
  18. Y

MK6 276mm to 282mm rear rotor/pads help

Thanks for the feedback, as I’m eager to test. I just changed the fronts, and with just the endless pads, and they were night and day difference. Changed the rears, as my old ones were badly worn, and the pedal feel and brakes are amazing! I’m very curious to see if I can notice a...
  19. Y

2015 Q7 TDI trim line comparisons

Hi, I have a Exec Touareg R-Line, and now shopping for used 2015 Q7 TDI. Familiar with the Touareg line but not too sure with the Q7 trims. I see a big difference in price between the Vorsprung model and the Progressive Line. Just curios what the major difference are, and if it’s worth the...
  20. Y

MK6 276mm to 282mm rear rotor/pads help

For anyone looking to do this, you just need the caliper brackets for the rear. The bosch caliper just barely clears the TRW caliper bracket! I have the endless front and rear pads, and they bite hard. No more spongey feel, and I really cannot believe they difference a real good pad, makes...