Search results

1. P

Special TDI parking.

I suppose this could go in many different sections but I'm posting it here. Spread it around if you wish. I do not know how widespread this is but we were just in Gettysburg and at the visitors center/museum they had special parking for electric/hybrid/clean diesel vehicles. It was right up...
  2. P

17k rear tires shot.

I'm a bit perplexed. The tires were rotated this summer. I put the mudgaurds on this summer and the tires were in great shape and while, yes, I suppose I should have looked earlier but it never crossed my mind that the tires would be bad. I felt the rear getting squirrely this past snow and...
  3. P

Peopleforbikes.com

Yes, this is TDI related. Coming through town on my way home today I see this TDI. I'm not sure what is going on this weekend and unfortunately I work or I would ride over and check them out.
  4. P

10,000 mile service

So anyway.....since so many note their services. Went in and asked the service writer what oil they used for my vehicle. She said she wasn't sure (not good). The other service writer spoke up real quick "Castrol 507 synthetic". He pointed to a bottle. O.K. I was there a little under an...
  5. P

2012 JSW lowered.

Not for everyone, but I'm the only one that drives it.
  6. P

Suit over California Diesel Standards research

A University of California, Los Angeles research professor is suing the university to keep his job of more than 35 years after questionable management of his grant money and his termination, allegedly for exposing illegal and unethical practices among his colleagues and for criticizing their...
  7. P

Finally did it. 50 mpg plus

No not for a full tank but.......My work ride is appx 25 miles each way. I've tried and tried to hit 50 on the trip (always much closer on the way home in the evening). The best I've been able to do is 49. Today I smoked that. LOL I even got caught by one of the two traffic lights.
  8. P

$5 Starbucks Card

Looks like Spam eh? LOL I got a $5 Starbucks card in the mail from VW. It was a heads up that I might get a questionaire and they would appreciate me answering it if I do. The nearest Starbucks is 45 minutes away.
  9. P

My car froze up.

O.K. sorry, I shouldn't have went there with the title. :D