Search results

1. K

Quickest way to get a replacement clutch?!

Sad but true. My wife and I put 5600 miles on it on a trip out west last month, and I couldn't have asked for it to do any better. 41mpg total for the trip, and I was not driving for economy. Had the cruise set at 105 for a while going across ND and MT. I know this car is worth more to me...
  2. K

Update. New problem. I ended up installing a southbend stage 2 daily. Now my car ate 3rd and 4th gear synchros, and 2nd gear is trying to hide from me. What to do? 1. Dig into it myself and learn how to work on manual gearboxes? I don't have experience, but I believe I can figure it out...
  3. K

I just noticed you're in VA. Based on your username, I'm assuming you're not far from me.
  4. K

South Bend says 400-500 miles of stop and go driving with no hard launches AND NO DOWNSHIFTING?! "Highway miles are ok, but don't count towards your break-in period"... 1. I live in the sticks. Almost all my driving is 55mph+. I'm planning on driving to the city just to drive around and put...
  5. K

My EGR is deleted, but the rest of your suggestions are on my list. (y)
  6. K

Help select clutch BHW FHN

Me? 17lb. This: https://www.southbendclutch.com/clutches/SBCF0502-4333/
  7. K

Help select clutch BHW FHN

I got my south bend stage 2 daily setup installed and back on the road last night. First impressions are great as far as drivability... feels like stock. I hope it lasts. I'm stage 2 tune and stage 3 colt cam. This is my first PD car and I'm pleasantly surprised by the power. I will say, it...
  8. K

Well, I FINALLY got this thing back on the road. I have entirely too much going on in life right now. I ended up going with south bend stage 2 daily. I originally tried to reuse the SMF flywheel that was on the car, then realized that wouldn't work and had to spring another $500 for the south...
  9. K

B5.5 headlights

B5.5 Passat
  10. K

B5.5 headlights

The previous owner of my car installed some crappy headlight housings. Are there any aftermarket housings that you guys like? Or is my best bet to find some OEM lights and clean them up? I'm getting ready for a 5k mile road trip, which will include lots of night driving, and bad headlights...
  11. K

Can you tell me more about the g60/vr combo? I know guys use that setup in transverse applications, but isn't that a completely different setup? I called there yesterday and talked to someone multiple times, only to be told today that they'd recommend the valeo kit. When I reminded him that mine...
  12. K

Yeah, after posting the other night I thought better of it and cooled my jets a bit. I have very little experience with longitudinal VW setups... can you guys point me to some more info about these levers, clip, ball, etc...?
  13. K

My car is 5 speed swapped. The clutch that's in it now was supplied by Frans, according to the previous owner. I knew it would need a clutch in the not-too-distant future, but today something went way wrong. Maybe broken spring on the pressure plate?? Pedal all the way down, it won't completely...
  14. K

1997 B4 Sedan in VA, 323000. 1z, 5 speed, floor rusted out. Drive able. FREE.

I got it. I've put 10k miles on it so far w/ no issue.
  15. K

New b4 owner with problems and I need help

I'd check your IQ I don't mean your intelligence. Do you have access to vag-com?
  16. K

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

I need a refresher on how to post pics here. But you may not want to see what's about to happen. It's ugly. Sane people would scrap the car. Oh well.
  17. K

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

A Labor Day pump seal replacement and sprint 520 nozzles install. It's been a while since I've worked on a tdi... I got this car in June (for free) from the original owner. 328k on it, and as far as I know, the nozzles were original. Next up is rust repair.
  18. K

1z TDI into lifted 85 Jetta

Pics look good to me. Sometimes being a decade late to a party is the best way to do it. Let everyone else try, fail, and adjust, then you get to do it the best way on the first try!
  19. K

Parts Car 96 B4 TDI "Sold"

Sent you a PM Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk