Search results

1. A

VWCustomerExperience Survey

All, Recent survey experience... Long story first... After purchasing my 2014 Jetta, I was sent this survey. All of the answers I gave where honest and truthful to the dealership, Sales Rep and Staff. After I submitted the survey, I received a call later that day from the sales rep "Himming...
  2. A

Oil cooler Auto transmission leak News

Here is something I seen this morning, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/10/automobiles/volkswagen-halts-sales-of-some-cars-over-transmission-leak.html?_r=0 Looks like another recall is on the prowl...
  3. A

Cheap Diesel: 2014 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Value Edition Costs $22,115

You are absolutely correct. Cars are becoming like printers. If it breaks or the ink gets too expensive, toss it and buy a new one! :D Of course Ink and Diesel are 2 different mediums serving 2 different purposes, and there are alternatives in the market place for both.
  4. A

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

Well, I'm happy to report the Stanadyne is still on the shelf and being sold by the dealer still :D. They must be keeping it there to attract the pretty women ;)
  5. A

Salvage Jetta TDI missing all keys

OP: i found some information on the VW site relating to the release of the SKC codes. there was a law suit filed and looks like it validates what I stated before. However, there is one thing I don't understand. This is the word "Earlier." in their settlement document. Do they mean "Later model...
  6. A

D2 and Bio Fuel Blending discussion

Thanks for all the information you have given to this thread! I appreciate it and others can now benefit from this as well. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but your information will definitely not be wasted. I am unsubscribing from this thread since the goal has been reached. Thank you again!
  7. A

Petition to have SKC Codes released for Volkswagen vehicles

All, I found some information on the retrieval of SKC codes. There was a class action lawsuit opened up some time ago that allowed the codes to be shared to locksmiths. Please see the following link. The only problem is this applies to 2007 and earlier...
  8. A

My 2014 jetta is brand spanking new, only 300 miles on it. I'm thinking that I may not need a new fuel filter. I am concerned about one thing that I have read. This has to do with the dilution of engine oil in regards to unburned biofuels. Is this a concern with blending biofuels with D2?
  9. A

What would someone's expectations be after running a blend such as this, over just straight D2?
  10. A

Now this is the information I'm looking for in this thread over the negative / garbage remark that MichaelB provided. :( Thanks kapps, so I'm looking at just over 1/2 to 5/8 of a gallon to a full tank fill up. I solely run D2 in my Jetta, so this will be a definate benefit. I appreciate the...
  11. A

To how many gallons? A full tank is 14.5 gallons.
  12. A

What ratio should be used for bio fuel to D2?
  13. A

Oh I know I'm going to open up a can of worms here... I am fully aware of "Dozens of threads," on this particular subject and they are piecemeal with often no relevance what so ever. Not to be rude, but your comment "Not sure another one will have much value," does not add value to the intent...
  14. A

Fuel Station Mixup in Manchester, NH

No wonder people have been having issues with the HPFP's :P
  15. A

I would like to start a discussion about blending D2 and Biodiesel together for the added benefit of lubricity. Starting this thread is a direct result of Volkswagen of America's failure to specify the use of fuel additives in their Common Rail engines. They remain silent on the aspect for...
  16. A

US Biodiesel Location Map

Im looking for some In Central New York and it is becoming very difficult. +1 to get this thing updated.
  17. A

Dunno, I have to go there again today and get some floor mats. Maybe they did :P. I'll post the outcome later today.
  18. A

I know the key is ~$160.00 on a 2003 Golf. But i have no clue what a 2012 key looks like. I know on my 2014 it is all one piece now, so you would have to purchase the entire key. :( I think the stealership service rates are the determining factor here. Depending on the rate it could be expensive.
  19. A

Not a fillup story, but an additive story I was at my local VW dealer when I picked up my 2014 Jetta TDI. I was talking to the dealer and the rep at the same time. I asked them, what VW stance on adding a lubricity additive to fuel other than what is already added per ATSM specifications. They...
  20. A

According to my locksmith, VW is the preferred method in this case to have a key made. Order / purchase the master key end (not the remote end if you already have it) and it will be cut on delivery. After that, find a competent locksmith to program the key. Depending on their software, it should...