Search results

1. E

WTB Metalnerd tools

Timing Belt tools for an ALH engine
  2. E

Timing Belt Decision in North Carolina

I need to replace my Timing Belt in the near future in my 2003 Golf TDI. I got it a couple years ago and the timing belt only has 30k miles on it. Got to looking at the original owners receipts and was a little shocked when I read the date for the change. 2/17/2014!! I knew it would be high...
  3. E

04 Jetta

I just happened to run across this... Certainly don't know the owner or the car. Just thought it might be of interest to someone. https://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/d/hillsborough-vw-jetta-tdi-04-19l/7393601573.html EDIT: I probably should have posted this elsewhere.... Sorry about that
  4. E

WTB MK4 Golf 2 Dr Roof Rack

Thinking about putting a Roof Basket on my Golf. Hoping to find an OEM Roof Rack.
  5. E

Is this the Slave Cylinder?

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have a 2003 Golf with a 5 speed. Last Summer I had an issue when I was driving that I had next to no clutch petal and couldn't get it in gear. I pulled over, turned it off, put it in gear and was able to restart it. Shifting was hard and...
  6. E

Is it my Alternator?

I have been chasing a battery drain on my 2003 Golf TDI. The only drain I can seem to find is 0.7 mV across fuse S177, which if I calculated correctly is around a 2 amp draw. I did a diode test on the alternator and it shows there isn't a diode problem. However, if I disconnect the power cable...
  7. E

Help with fuse location

Good Morning, I picked up a 06' Jetta TDI just recently. The rear defroster is not working. I thought I would start with checking the fuse. From the information or misinformation that I have found the fuse for the rear window defroster is in slot 25. Can anyone confirm that? My slot 25 is...
  8. E

Hesitation after Initial Start

Hello All, I recently purchased an 06 Jetta TDI with a 5 speed. This is my first experience with a diesel of any kind. In the last couple of days I have noticed a hesitation on the initial acceleration in first gear. It bogs down and then after letting up on the accelerator and then pressing...