Search results

1. A

VWCustomerExperience Survey

All, Recent survey experience... Long story first... After purchasing my 2014 Jetta, I was sent this survey. All of the answers I gave where honest and truthful to the dealership, Sales Rep and Staff. After I submitted the survey, I received a call later that day from the sales rep "Himming...
  2. A

Oil cooler Auto transmission leak News

Here is something I seen this morning, http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/10/automobiles/volkswagen-halts-sales-of-some-cars-over-transmission-leak.html?_r=0 Looks like another recall is on the prowl...
  3. A

D2 and Bio Fuel Blending discussion

I would like to start a discussion about blending D2 and Biodiesel together for the added benefit of lubricity. Starting this thread is a direct result of Volkswagen of America's failure to specify the use of fuel additives in their Common Rail engines. They remain silent on the aspect for...
  4. A

Petition to have SKC Codes released for Volkswagen vehicles

All, I don't know if this as been attempted before, but being an owner of older tdi, and my first, I see the value of having the SKC codes for the immobilizer. If this concept has not been done before, I would like to propose gathering signatures, addresses and names of individuals that would...
  5. A

2003 Passat Steel Rims on 2014 Jetta?

Quick question, looking for a quick answer. I think the offset is the only thing to worry about. Any issues? BTW: I did google around and did not find the answer i was looking for, even with comparing rims on tirerack.com. Thanks!
  6. A

MKVI 2014 Jetta: Prewired for Security System?

Hello, I'm looking at the aspect and answers to the above question. If it is prewired, what part numbers do i need to install the OEM VW security system? Thanks!
  7. A

2014 maintenance plan PDF for jetta

Hello, I have been searching on this site and google for the 2014 maintenance plan for my new jetta, arriving tomorrow. Does anyone have the PDF? Appreciate the assistance.
  8. A

Looking for 2014 Jetta maintenance plan.

Hello, I have been searching on this site and google for the 2014 maintenance plan for my new jetta, arriving tomorrow. Does anyone have the PDF? Appreciate the assistance.
  9. A

FS: Camillus NY - Garrett Turbo VNT 15 - Like New

I am selling my Garrett VNT 15 turbo that I purchased from IDParts. This was on my 2003 TDI and used for ~30 minutes. It is basically brand new. I am asking $800.00 starting price but will negotiate a best offer, as it was used on the vehicle. PM me with contact information and post on this...
  10. A

Camillus NY - 2003 Golf ALH PARTS

**CAR IS GONE TO SCRAPPER, PANZER PLATE IS SOLD AND TURBO IS SOLD. *** These parts are off of my 2003 ALH that recently died. It will be going to scrap pretty soon. Here are some of the parts that I had on the table and won't need anymore. Garret VNT 15 Turbo charger has only 30 minutes run...
  11. A

Does anyone have a vag-tacho in the upstate New York area?

I have a 2003 golf TDI and I was wondering if anyone in the community has a vag-tacho dongle and software? I will need the PIN number from my ECM to reprogram one single key. The stealer ship quotes me $300 to code one key; not something I want to do. Thank you! Andy
  12. A

Anyone have a Vag-tacho in the upstate New York area?

I have a 2003 golf TDI and I was wondering if anyone in the community has a vag-tacho dongle and software? I will need the PIN number from my ECM to reprogram one single key. The stealer ship quotes me 300 to code one key; not something I want to do. Thank you! Andy
  13. A

2003 Golf TDI ALH - Long story, need help.

Good Morning All, I will do my best to describe this issue that I am having. Yesterday I was going to work about 06:30 and approached a hill. Ascending the hill seemed no issue and the car was under a reasonable load ascending it. About half way up the hill, i felt a sudden jerk and the car...
  14. A

Tire Question

Forum members, i have a quick question about a set of winter tires I have in storage for the winter months. I would like to put these tires on my 2003 golf this winter and put the all seasons up, since they are shot. The winter tires are from a 2002 Passat. Golf tire size example...
  15. A

Removing the side skirts for Panzer skid plate install

Any one know how to get easy access to the bolts that hold the plastic side skirts on? I looked far and wide for the answer, nothing. Thanks!
  16. A

Getting used to a TDI

Hello all, I am a newbie to TDI but not to VW as i have had 2 gassers in the past. My thoughts on this post is to introduce myself and ask a simple question About Me: I live in Camillus NY and I am a programmer for a computer software firm. I grew up around cars and know my way around them...