Search results

1. G

DieselGate Void Warranty

I believe Jettec was being facetious.
  2. G

New to me ‘14 Passat TDI SEL

Thanks, the more i read the more i find the PO changed. A couple of things found so far besides the lights is the seat belt chime, the key fob activated windows, still reading and trying things. I’m looking at probably getting a OBDeleven Pro mostly for the service resets and minor changes if...
  3. G

Thanks for the info I was thinking the switch could have been changed. I guess I'll pull the switch and check the plug configuration and order up a new one. I'll have to check and see if the light operation has been changed also. I do know the low beams are very bright and white light compared...
  4. G

Tom, Yes I read about the dieselgate till my eyes were bleeding. I don't have emission testing where I live so I figured I give it chance and if it becomes a PITA then out it goes. My headlight switch doesn't have the Auto position. If you pull out on the selector knob it has two detents the...
  5. G

So I finally broke down and replaced my ‘04 Jetta with 301,000 miles on it with a ‘14 buyback Passat SEL TDI with 62,000 miles on it. So far love the Passat but as I’m doing things and driving it everyday there‘s a couple of things that have popped up that have me wondering ***! 1) This car...
  6. G

Looking at a 2013 Jetta TDI

I was referring to this including the PD
  7. G

If your in PA all pump diesel is B-5. When I got my new F- 250 I had it to the dealer for a clogged EGR valve within 6 months, everybody said you can’t run Bio in a Power Stroke because of the injectors. Well it is now 15 yrs old and after switching to my Bio after the second clogged EGR light...
  8. G

I’ve been running my bio in my F-250 PS since it was new in ‘06 and my ‘04 Jetta for almost 200,000 mi, along with other friends diesels so I’m pretty confident it will be fine. I also run it in my boiler for the radiant floor heat in my 60 x 35 garage with no issues, keeps it nice and toasty...
  9. G

Just got off the phone with the local VW dealer the modification update was done in Jan 2020 the seller said he purchased it in March 2020 so that should net me just under 3 yrs warranty. The main reason to get rid of the regen system is to run my biodiesel in it to avoid the $3.45 a gallon pump...
  10. G

From everything I’ve been reading it sounds like the system that was in my wife’s Jeep 3.0 CRD which was a piece of crap. So now my thoughts are moving towards doing one of the delete and tune kits, not for more power but just to get away from the DPF and the regeneration system, back close to...
  11. G

Thanks for the link. According to the VIN and your link the car is covered. I guess now I need to call my local dealer to find the in-service date and/or when the emission update was done on the car that will show what’s left of the warranty. Thanks for the link.
  12. G

Where I live we don’t have emissions tests, so besides the emission issue has there been any stand out problems with this diesel engine and/or system. (EGR, turbo, injector pump, injectors, etc.) Supposedly the correction was done on this car and has the extended warranty, at least copies of it...
  13. G

I’m looking to upgrade from my 2004 Jetta TDI (300,000 mi) to a 2013 (82,000 mi). What’s the good, bad and ugly? I don’t know anything about the diesel gate since it didn’t effect me at the time, but now those year cars are starting to show up in my price range.
  14. G

My mechanic said not to use biodiesel...

I’ve been running my ‘04 Jetta on anywhere from 20% - 100% of my made at home bio with no issues for for close to 175,000 mi. Getting ready to turn 300,000 probably in the next two weeks. It does have a BEW motor though.
  15. G

109 relay

I am going to replace them but I don’t think they were the issue as they’ve been in the car for a couple years. I dont know if this car was ever reflashed or not. These say i need a reflash https://www.rmeuropean.com/Products/N10591607-MFG47-V2162.aspx This donesnt mention the need to...
  16. G

109 relay

Had some time to mess with this. Disconnected the temp sensor had my wife crank engine, checked voltage, had 8.5ish volts at each harness boot. Found out another thing it has the wrong glow plugs has 11v plugs (ALH I believe)but they have been in for two years with no starting problems till...
  17. G

109 relay

Didn’t think about that but at the same time they only have to be on for a sort time to start.
  18. G

109 relay

Called several foreign car junk yards in my area, no relays. Funny thing is the car is sitting in my heated garage 65* and started with the harness disconnected and no power to the plugs.??? When I get time I’m going to disconnect the coolant temp switch which should give it full glow and...
  19. G

109 relay

CEL is on so after running voltage straight to the plugs it fired up immediately. I now believe the 109 is fine I think its the GP relay or the harness.
  20. G

glow plugs wont stay on long enough

Great idea!! Can you give an example of the solenoid switch please. Guessing one like...