Search results

1. 20IndigoBlue02

Hevster1 Grand reopening RE-OPENING NEW LOCATION! Montague NJ!

Happy holidays from Sunny SoCal Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
  2. 20IndigoBlue02

Replacement Radio for Double DIN style

With that harness, you need to find a source for the ACC and ILL. ACC: S-contact in the steering column or run a wire from the 75x terminal. ILL: something that is controlled off of the headlight switch, iirc gray wire with blue stripe. Or you can get a harness with a CAN-BUS module that will...
  3. 20IndigoBlue02

Replacement Radio for Double DIN style

Installing a new radio shouldn't be messy, where you shouldn't be clipping off the connectors on the stock harness to mate it to the aftermarket radio. Considering that you have a 2000, you need a K-line harness, which has everything you need, including the ACC and ILL leads. The main feature...
  4. 20IndigoBlue02

Pillar gauge pod

A single pod... no. But once you get 2 or 3 pods and it goes higher up... then the gauges can become projectiles.
  5. 20IndigoBlue02

Pillar gauge pod

I was stock when I installed a boost gauge (with 42DD pod)… which led to mods, such as a Dawes Device (or boost valve) to limit the spikes.
  6. 20IndigoBlue02

Pillar gauge pod

I was stock when I installed a boost gauge (with 42DD pod)… which led to mods, such as a boost valve to limit the spikes.
  7. 20IndigoBlue02

Road trip planning to the NE USA (looking for suggestions)

If you're passing through the Williamsport, PA area, and you need some service done, hit up Metal Man in Sunbury, and maybe a trip to Knoebels
  8. 20IndigoBlue02

Tsi engines

Yes, but the key word is "excessively". Are the powerplants available to the US market "excessively" powered relative to other markets, which do have powerplants that range from smaller/weaker to more powerful than what is offered for North America (the forbidden fruit)? Look at the TDI's for...
  9. 20IndigoBlue02

Tsi engines

FCA for 2019 gave the 1.3L turbo engine to the Jeep Renegade, to haul 3500 lbs of the Trailhawk edition, with the 4x4, meatier wheel/tire combo and the exterior with the aerodynamics of a brick. Granted, the 1.3L motor makes more hp and torque than the 1.4 TSI. If VW believe that every...
  10. 20IndigoBlue02

www.metalamanparts.com news, new parts and deals

It's weird, that some older Japanese cars uses really tiny oil filters.
  11. 20IndigoBlue02

Tsi engines

why not look at the iABED Rear Main Seal upgrade?
  12. 20IndigoBlue02

Looks like Ukrainian stuff. Any chance to talk to MetalNerd to make them in the US?
  13. 20IndigoBlue02

what did you use to lift your tiguan? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  14. 20IndigoBlue02

Auto Socks in snow

There are chains available that don't require you to reach around the back of the tire. They tend to be quite expensive though, such as Spikes Spider and Konig (Thule) K-Summit.
  15. 20IndigoBlue02

hid ballast location

Try to trace the power cable from the bulb to the ballast If the assembly is similar to the early Q7's, it looks like it's under the headlight connector https://youtu.be/r-szBWQDQU0
  16. 20IndigoBlue02

Auto Socks in snow

there are YouTube videos showing how to install them. it involves turning the wheel to grant better access to the rear of the tire and then drive forward and finish wrapping the tire. there are chains that don't require you to drive over them to install Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using...
  17. 20IndigoBlue02

Bi-Xenon Jetta Mk4 Build

you should really get https://www.theretrofitsource.com/morimoto-mini-h1-moto-hol1der.html to ensure proper positioning and holding of the H1 bulb for the best beam pattern possible Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  18. 20IndigoBlue02

Loose Lugs and aftermath

Since you are lubing the threads, are you torquing to 89 lb-ft? If so, you are over-torquing Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
  19. 20IndigoBlue02

Loose Lugs and aftermath

People don't check the torque on the lug bolts after they drive about 20 miles? When I put my 3-season wheels on or get service that requires removing the wheel(s), I always check the torque with a torque wrench. They usually require a slight tightening after an initial drive Sent from my...
  20. 20IndigoBlue02

2018 Best fuel saving Tires for 06 MK4 Golf TDI

There are some available https://simpletire.com/catalog?width=195&ratio=65&rim=15&zip=7034&maincategory=AUTOMOBILE&query=catalog&category=10