Search results

1. Hoffer

Fuelab lift pumps - Interest for potential group buy?

Oh, wow, I completely misread the date. For some reason I was thinking this thread was a couple months old. My bad!
  2. Hoffer

Fuelab lift pumps - Interest for potential group buy?

Did you ever find out what the issue with the pump was? Did this move to another thread that I haven't found yet? :D
  3. Hoffer

Old rallyvw TDI at pittsburgh would of wheels

Whoa! :eek: That should have been a link to http://tdiparts.com but somehow that hyphen got in there In any event, I've just updated it to http://idparts.com to get it up to date. Thanks!
  4. Hoffer

Not sure I understand what the Prothe parts are? :confused:
  5. Hoffer

Wow, my first post on TDIClub in nearly two years! :o I can tell you the rational for switching out the twist beam axle was based mostly on durability. We've tried a number of different methods to strengthen that rear beam. Tried the VWRacing method, tried custom plates to give more...
  6. Hoffer

Little Pittsburgh Clan

Hah, that makes two of us. I too am up in Cranberry. Though I'll be leaving Thursday for the Team O'Neil rally with this car: :D
  7. Hoffer

Little Pittsburgh Clan

Depends on your definition of very cold weather. With the temps we see in Pittsburgh, including what we see tomorrow, down to -20C or so, never had a problem in the 5 years I've had a TDI. Full glow cycle, then crank, it fires up. Rough for the first second or so, then settles down as the...
  8. Hoffer

Little Pittsburgh Clan

I'm planning on going out for at least Saturday. I'll be bringing the RallyVW TDI with me.
  9. Hoffer

Little Pittsburgh Clan

2008 Rally WV BTW, if anyone is interesting in heading down to Rally WV let me know. It runs on both Aug 1 & 2. This will be my maiden voyage in the rally TDI, so it should be interesting. I've already got some folks heading down as both service crew and course marshall/HAM radio/control...
  10. Hoffer

Little Pittsburgh Clan

Does he work for a dealership or is he independent? Does he do mundane thnigs like inspections as well?
  11. Hoffer

For those who have Upgraded to the OEM VW NAVI

So I someone PM'd me that their ABS controller had a 27 pin plug. Looking at the wiring diagrams for a 1999.5 Jetta, it looks like it has a 25 pin connector on the ABS controller. Let's assume the pin count was off by two. DFA-L/R should be available from pins T25/12 and T25/21 (pins 12 &...
  12. Hoffer

Left foot breaking=no trottle

If you think that's annoying, the glowplug light will flash when you disconnect the brake signal from the ECU. Easiest fix is electrical tape. :D I just got used to it after a while. Usually I either don't need to look at the cluster, or spend more time looking at the drivers display of the...
  13. Hoffer

Apply or release? :) You're not going to loose anything applying or keeping the brakes steady. On release, there will be a little air sucked out of the booster. But between the resevoir and the vacuum pump (which will be working well since the engine is well over 2000 RPM), I don't think...
  14. Hoffer

I've installed a toggle switch (down by the ODB-II port) that when flipped, cuts the power to the ABS controller and disconnects the brake light from the ECU. This allows the brake lights to continue working, allows for left foot braking, and gets rid of the ABS. Left foot braking is also...
  15. Hoffer

T47a is indeed a wiring plug. It is the plug on the ABS control module in the engine compartment. Behind and below the airbox, on the drivers side fender. The only reason you would need to get at it would be to verify that the wires are there. If you manage to find them in the wiring...
  16. Hoffer

They automatically adjusted after three km or so. I was running guidance at the time, but I'm not sure if that's required or not. I don't even know how to adjust the pulses manually... Good question. I actually have everything set up so it's easy to switch back to the GALA feed to...
  17. Hoffer

Connecting ABS to Navi Just so happen that I do! In fact, I wired it up last night. Looking at this wiring diagram, you can see that DFA-L and DFA-R are what the navigation system would like (connected to T26/5 and T26/18). Right now, most people have GALA connected to DFA-L. This works...
  18. DFA-L & DFA-R wires above brake pedal

DFA-L & DFA-R wires above brake pedal

19. Hoffer

MK IV GTI OEM HID group buy.

milehigh: You know anything with regards to the reputability of the gentleman selling these?
  20. Hoffer

project: rally fever/ light bar

Too much? Never! I saw this thread and figured I'd post what I had fabricated up. I was worried I might have gone overboard with what I put on, but after a few rallies, I don't think it's too much at all. View from the front: Side: Quarter shot (best shot I have of the mounting) (I had...