Search results

1. demagxc

DPF Pressure Sensors Melted

No need to periodically check the sensors. When they go, they go, and you'll know it. Failure triggers a check engine light and when the sensor melts down, the cabin smells like melted plastic and you may see smoke coming from under the hood. At least this was my experience.
  2. demagxc

Timing belt change, 15 Golf

When this happened with my car, it was covered under the dieselgate warranty. The dealership did not provide any insight into why the sensor failed. After the repair was approved by VW, the dealership mentioned that it must be a common problem because VW was sending them a "repair kit" with all...
  3. demagxc

Timing belt change, 15 Golf

I encountered almost the exact same scenario. Roughly around the same mileage from completing my timing belt myself, there was a burning plastic smell and magic smoke coming from under the hood around the DPF. I dont remember the codes, but they were associated with DPF and exhaust pressure and...
  4. demagxc

What did you do to your MK7 today?

131k miles, a check engine light was followed by a burning plastic smell and smoke coming from under the hood in the middle of a regen. Scan showed P2456, P0470, P2453, P2002, P041 codes. Looking under the hood it was obvious the sensor wrapped in silver rubber insulation located on top of the...
  5. demagxc

What did you do to your MK7 today?

After roughly 10 hours of work, lots of cursing, and a broken water pump, I successfully finished my timing belt replacement and oil change at 129,000 miles. It was my first attempt at a timing belt job and I knew going in that it wasn't going to be easy but it ended up being a much more...
  6. demagxc

Mk7 High Mileage Thread

Somewhere around 128,500. No major issues and only scheduled maintenance so far. I'm gearing up to tackle the timing belt myself (feels daunting). Only minor issue is a failed HVAC actuator at around 80,000 miles. I only get air from the upper vents and windshield defrost. The replacement...
  7. demagxc

Bluetooth cutting in and out

Next time my wife is in the car Ill have to have her connect and see what happens. Ive turned the radio on and off while at the same time rebooting the phone and its never fixed the issue unfortunately.
  8. demagxc

Bluetooth cutting in and out

I've been having intermittent bluetooth issues that I would describe as the audio skipping or buffering. The problem does not seem to related to my phone and isnt app specific. It only occurs with the bluetooth connection on the TDI and does not happen with my wife's car or any other bluetooth...
  9. demagxc

Towing

The difficulty in hitch installation may vary depending on what hitch you purchase. I didnt find the Curt hitch that difficult to install in my driveway on jack stands. The one frustrating part of the installation was pulling the mounting bolts through the frame. The only other thing I needed to...
  10. demagxc

rear trunk light upgrade gsw

deautokey has a few aftermarket options. I installed an upgraded trunk LED for my for my Golf. It was a quick install and a huge improvement to the stock light. https://deautokey.com/product/universal-48-led-flexible-strip-for-your-trunk-fits-all-car-models...
  11. demagxc

water in back of wagon after a rain.

Glad you found the problem! for anyone you might be having a similar issue, another culprit is taillight gaskets. I found 2 inches of water in the spare tire well due to a failed gasket.
  12. demagxc

Highest Mileage EA288's?

Going strong at 93k. Only work I've had to do is planned maintenance.
  13. demagxc

SD card music mystery '15 GSW

Does the class and speed rating of the SD card matter in this case? What are the specs on the cards you are using?
  14. demagxc

Hep Rear brakes 2015 Golf TDI

Just rolled over 90k miles with original pads, calipers, and rotors. I cant remember the last time I noticed any brake noise unless the car sat for a few days. In those cases any brake noise disappears by the time I reach the end of my street.
  15. demagxc

Speedo correction

Found this post over at vwvortex that might help https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9082490-VCDS-coding-for-Alltrack-wheel-sizes&p=111346673&viewfull=1#post111346673
  16. demagxc

Hep Rear brakes 2015 Golf TDI

If you're not planning on using the brake kit more than a handful of times, the other option is to rent a disk brake tool kit from Autozone, or Advanced Auto Parts. The rental is free, but you do pay a deposit that gets refunded when you return the kit. I've rented the kit from Advanced quite a...
  17. demagxc

My Buyback now rejected.. 2014 PassatTDI 6 spd

There was a provision for any previous owners to receive restitution if they sold before the program was announced. There was a drop dead date to apply and that has long since passed. If you owned the car after the buyback program was announced, the only way to receive restitution was through a...
  18. demagxc

newby MDI question for 2015 TDI SEL

If you don't mind an extra plug, I ordered a 3.5mm AUX MDI plug on amazon that works great. Only down side is that the cable is insanely short so you'll either live with it or get an extender. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VWEEQQ/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 There are...
  19. demagxc

-10F Nooooo Problem!

Its a satisfying feeling knowing that these cars will fire right up at those temps. Back when I had my ALH, during the winter I had my jump pack plugged into the trunk so it was always with me, charged, and ready to go. Its now collecting dust in the basement because I haven't needed it once in...
  20. demagxc

Proper tire pressure for snow tires

I have been running my Goodyear Ultragrip Ice at 40 psi for 5 winters so unless the construction of the any of those is considerably different, there shouldn't be any issues running them higher. certainly the Blizzak rubber is softer than the Ultragrip but the way they construct tires today...