Search results

1. VeeDubTDI

2021 TDIFest Discusion Thread

Subscribed for updates. I’m always up for a road trip. :)
  2. VeeDubTDI

Our newest diesel is here!

Hi, Brian: Our condolences to you and Lisa. I can’t imagine all that is going through your minds. I’m glad the Sprinter went to a deserving home. They and their twins will make good use of it, I’m sure. I was also in Maine last weekend... just out for a drive checking out the fall colors...
  3. VeeDubTDI

This subforum is NOT for random questions. Use your common sense, please!

I think the attraction of this forum is due to it being at the top of the list, so new members click here first. From the perspective of a new user, it's probably best to have TDI 101 as the first forum in the list. @VW Derf
  4. Bug Power Award Winners Ho5G 2019

Bug Power Award Winners Ho5G 2019

We got seven out of the eight bug*pwr award winners together at the Ho5G new year GTG in 2019.
  5. VeeDubTDI

German court considers first diesel driving ban on an autobahn

A German court is considering the first diesel ban on a German autobahn. It's in German, but Chrome will translate the article for you...
  6. VeeDubTDI

12th Annual Detroit Auto Show GTG - NAIAS 2019 - the FINAL Winterfest!

Well folks, it's time for the 12th annual and final Winterfest GTG, as the North American International Auto Show will be moving to summer starting in 2020. WHEN: The first public day of the show: Saturday, January 19th, 2019 As usual, due to the large number of out-of-towners, this event will...
  7. VeeDubTDI

11th Annual Detroit Auto Show GTG - NAIAS 2018 - January 20 (aka WINTERFEST)

Happy October, everyone! It's that time of year when I'm happy to announce our 11th annual Detroit Auto Show get-together, aka "Winterfest!" :cool: WHEN: This year's GTG date: Saturday, January 20th, 2017 (first public day of the show). You'll note that it's a week later this year than...
  8. VeeDubTDI

TDIFest 2018 planning discussion

TDIFest 2018: Life after Dieselgate What is required to host a Fest? Hotel with affordable room rates (sub $150/night) Group activity space (usually a hotel with a conference center or other area where we can congregate for extended periods of time) Event ideas (auto-cross, drag racing, group...
  9. VeeDubTDI

10th Annual Detroit Auto Show GTG - NAIAS 2017 - January 14 (aka WINTERFEST)

Happy October, everyone! It's that time of year when I'm happy to announce our 10th annual Detroit Auto Show get-together, aka "Winterfest!" :cool: WHEN: This year's GTG date: Saturday, January 14th, 2017 (first public day of the show). Due to the large number of out-of-towners who frequent...
  10. VeeDubTDI

Raffle drawing at 3pm.

Folks, the raffle drawing is coming up at 3pm outside in the tent. You MUST be present to win. :)
  11. VeeDubTDI

Friday night Wisconsin fish boil - alternate menu

The Friday meet & greet is featuring a traditional Wisconsin whitefish boil. This menu includes whitefish, corn on the cob, potatoes, and onions. There will also be a soup and salad bar with two soups and a variety of salad and topping choices. What is a fish boil...
  12. VeeDubTDI

Official TDIFest 2016 Event Agenda!

The long wait is over and we have solidified (for the most part) the event schedule. Please note that this is still a draft, and changes may be made between now and TDIFest. Event Agenda Friday, September 2nd: 7:00 - 10:00 AM: Breakfast for guests who stayed on Thursday night (complimentary...
  13. TDIFest logos - all years

TDIFest logos - all years

TDIFest logos - all years
  14. VeeDubTDI

TDIFest 2016 logo and t-shirt design

TDIFest 2016 logo: Click on the thumbnail for a larger version of the image. This year's t-shirt is a special design that incorporates all of the logo designs from all previous TDIFests: Click on the thumbnail for a larger version of the image.
  15. TDIFest 2016 t-shirt design

TDIFest 2016 t-shirt design

TDIFest 2016 t-shirt design
  16. TDIFest 2016 Logo

TDIFest 2016 Logo

TDIFest 2016 Logo, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
  17. VeeDubTDI

Free t-shirt w/ registration ends on Sunday, 8/14

Heads up - the free t-shirt with registration deadline is the evening of August 14th. If you register for TDIFest between now and then, your group will receive complimentary TDIFest t-shirts. If you register on August 15th or later, your order will not include a free t-shirt, but we will have...
  18. VeeDubTDI

Limited hotel space remaining

Today is the last day to book hotel rooms under our guaranteed group rate, which for regular rooms is a $30/night savings, and for suites is a $40/night savings. At 6pm central time, any unsold rooms will get released to general sales, and the hotel will start calling people on their waiting...
  19. VeeDubTDI

Head-to-head fuel economy: 2012 Passat TDI DSG vs 2016 Passat 1.8 TSI automatic

We were out in Michigan visiting family this weekend, and we took Jason's dad to the local VW dealer to pick up a brand new 2016 Passat SE 1.8 TSI gasser with the tech packages. Immediately after picking it up, we went on a 100 mile drive to the family's cottage for Independence Day...
  20. VeeDubTDI

Dieselgate: Volkswagen to Spend Up to $14.7 Billion to Settle ...

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/volkswagen-spend-147-billion-settle-allegations-cheating-emissions-tests-and-deceiving Court long form notice (summary of settlement)...