Search results

1. Seatman

Rear Passenger Leak; I've searched...

Check the boot for the wiring into the boot lid or trunk as you might call it, I had one that hadn't been put back properly and it leaked. Also worth checking it doesn't get wetter when using the rear washer, I'm sure the hose goes up that side.
  2. Seatman

Dual mass flywheel VW T4

Get someone to give it a rev and let off the pedal while you listen down the front at the bell housing, usually hear them knock as the revs drop.
  3. Seatman

CCM relay issue

Here we go, it's actually on this forum, post #10 https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/faq-one-side-signal-marker-lights-stuck-on-after-locking-arming.174543/
  4. Seatman

CCM relay issue

I don't recall which it was but it was me who soldered it, it's a mini one inside the ccm though, I'll need to go digging and see if I can find the info again.
  5. Seatman

strange screechy sound at startup 2006 TDI

Locking off the fan on the alternator you should be able to move the pulley one way but not the other, if that's what you mean then yeh, sounds like the pulley has seized up.
  6. Seatman

I'd pull the belt and check the tensioner and the alternator pulley, it should be clutched but they can seize up causing the tensioner to bounce about and rattle at idle. Also as above, see if it's quiet with no belt, if so then at least you can check all the components in there
  7. Seatman

Low boost. Hard brakes

Check the vacuum lines, could be a leak affecting brakes and boost. Also common one for the brakes is also often the hard pipe to the booster, often cracks underneath where you can't see them. If the egr pipe is leaking that might explain low boost too, the turbo needs the exhaust gases to...
  8. Seatman

PD130 tandem pump problems, advice on way forward please?

I think if they fail internally you get a mix of oil and diesel but can't remember if it's fuel in the oil or the other way. As for a gasket kit I wouldn't hesitate trying one off ebay if I couldn't source one more local. As for the brake servo you could check the pipe going to it isn't...
  9. Seatman

Your vids are set to private so nobody can see them
  10. Seatman

EGR TDI 1.9 90hp AGR - Air Mass Actual higher than Specified at IDLE

Pop on a blanking plate for the egr and see how it goes, if that works then you'll know it is the egr regarding IQ 3.6 is ok but every engine is different, mine ran best a bit over 4.
  11. Seatman

Try bumping the IQ up a touch, the lower the number the more fuel and it can cause a rougher idle, look up the hammer mod.
  12. Seatman

That sounds like the anti shudder valve you're messing with, the egr actuator is the big shiny one on top. If you think the egr is bad at all just pull the vacuum pipe off it and stick a little bolt in the end of the pipe to block it then see how the car is. It's the thicker vacuum pipe going...
  13. Seatman

Turbo questions

Could be a tiny boost leak, does the boost feel later than usual or anything like that?
  14. Seatman

2005.5 Jetta TDI losing massive amounts of oil, looking for ideas

Maybe there's been a problem with the oil supply to the turbo and it's damaged it. One of the things with a new turbo is finding out what went wrong originally that caused the problem to start with. If it's coming from the exhaust I think it will be the turbo, I think it maybe got a bit...
  15. Seatman

CCM relay issue

That problem with the indicator is actually caused by a faulty relay in the ccm, I swapped out the relay in a friends mk4 for that very reason. New relay was really cheap from an electronics place. Problem is finding a post by someone who's already fixed the issue and can tell you which part is...
  16. Seatman

ABS Lights on dash - Fault 00668 - Vehicle voltage terminal 30 - lower limit not reached

Check the fuses on or near the battery, usually a little black box thing with a flip up lid and alternator cable goes to it before the battery. Just check they're all good and nothing looks burnt if you have it still, I'm not sure if or when they might have stopped using that set up. As for...
  17. Seatman

BKD Coolant Problem?

No heat in the cabin could be the heater flap, it uses a flap to direct the air either through the matrix or bypass it, I think it's fairly common for the mechanism to break. As for the coolant I'm not sure, mine kinda does similar but no low coolant warning, also a 2L tdi but a single cam...
  18. Seatman

Is 1.9 tdi AJM GOOD ENGINE

Sounds like you need to scan it and check the timing etc, the 115 isn't super slow although definitely better with a map.
  19. Seatman

Steering wheel refurb?

I'm wondering if anyone has had any success reviving one of these vinyl/foam/rubber sort of steering wheels? I've seen a lot of kits for leather and others claim to be amazing but I'd rather hear about real world experience. Cheers
  20. Seatman

Alhambra 2L tdi

Got myself a new tdi, Seat Alhambra (VW Sharan made in spain) 2L tdi. Had the mk4 golf wagon long enough, figured this is the next logical step in wagon life lol Anyway just got to replace a balance shaft and I'll be up and running, got the usual worn key way thing. Should have it upand...