Search results

1. 1854sailor

Electrical Gremlin

The Sportwagen wouldn't crank over today. It has been running issue free since we got it 3 years ago. When I pushed the start button, I got all of the warnings that one would expect with a low voltage issue. I checked it and it was at 8 volts, so I put a charger on it for a couple of hours and...
  2. 1854sailor

Editing Member Info?

How does one edit their member info with the new Forums format?
  3. 1854sailor

More Computers for VW/Audi

News from Ingolstadt... https://www.reuters.com/article/us-audi-ceo-strategy/computing-is-the-new-horsepower-carmaker-audi-says-idUSKCN24V2F0
  4. 1854sailor

Driver's Door Window Issue

The driver's door window on our 2015 Golf Hatchback will not roll down all of the way automatically even after doing the reset procedure of rolling it down and holding the button down for 5-10 seconds after it hits the bottom. All of the other windows work correctly. Suggestions?
  5. 1854sailor

Baltimore

Silver MK IV Jetta wagon with Rhode Island tags east bound on Cold Spring Lane around 3:00 this afternoon. That was me in the Blue GSW. Where in RI? We're looking to move to South County...
  6. 1854sailor

Leaking Windshield Washer Nozzles

We took the '15 Golf on the first road trip this past weekend and ran into a bit of snow. After using the washers/wipers, there were a few streaks of washer fluid running up the windshield from the nozzles. When we stopped to fuel up and I popped the hood to check the oil, I noticed fluid...
  7. 1854sailor

Tesla Range Extender

Someone had to do it...
  8. 1854sailor

Throttle Response VCDS Tweak

Has anyone who has done the throttle response mod noticed an effect on fuel economy?
  9. 1854sailor

New Toyota Model?

Behind this in traffic today...
  10. 1854sailor

VAG Tacho 2.5

SOLD Going through the toolbox, I found the VAG Tacho cable that I got from Sidewinder Key when I needed to retrieve the SKC on the MK IV Golf. Since the car was totaled, I no longer need it. I have copied the install software to a CD and that is included. This is NOT the genuine full version...
  11. 1854sailor

Underseat Drawer

Does anyone know how to remove the drawer under the driver's seat. There's something behind the drawer in our new Golf that is preventing it from going all of the way in and latching. I can see some papers behind the drawer but can't get to it.
  12. 1854sailor

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Be safe out there if you're traveling...
  13. 1854sailor

New (To Us) Golf

Our trusty 2001 GL that got totaled... Our replacement 2015 SE...
  14. 1854sailor

Keys?

The new Golf only came with one key. Are these dealer-only items?
  15. 1854sailor

Found a Golf!

We found a '15 Golf SE here in Baltimore to replace our '01 that was totaled. I'll take pics tomorrow when it stops raining...
  16. 1854sailor

MK IV Golf Stuff

The insurance company totaled the Golf, so the following items are for sale: Offers, Offers, Offers! 1 - Garrett VNT Actuator (New in Box) $80.00 1 - Driver's Side Rear View Mirror. Manual, Heated $15.00 1 - HVAC Control Panel $15.00 4 - 15X6 1/2" Steel Wheels $75.00/set 4 - 16X7 1/2" BBS...
  17. 1854sailor

2001 Golf Parts Car

Our 2001 Golf got t-boned and will, most likely, be totaled. We’re still waiting for the insurance adjuster to show up so I’m putting this out as a feeler to see if there’s any interest or offers. We’re considering buying it back and selling it as a parts car. I’m not interested in parting it...
  18. 1854sailor

For Sale BBS VZ 16X7 1/2 Wheels

Our Mk IV Golf was t-boned and will, most likely be totaled so I'm parting with this set of wheels. BBS VZ027, ET38, 16"X7 1/2", 5X100mm bolt pattern. Three of the wheels were purchased used (one dinged, see below) and one new from Germany. $500.00 or reasonable offer. Prefer local pick up in...
  19. 1854sailor

H2OI Banned in OC MD

Looks like a few asshats screwed it up for everyone. Read about it HERE.
  20. 1854sailor

Another BIG fine for the VW Group

This just in. Porsche hit with big diesel cheating fine...