Search results

1. F

turbo overboost

So I disconnected the MAF cable. I didn't actually unscrew the torx bits and take it out. Power was low right from the start and it seemed easier to trigger than usual. I didn't go for a very long drive, just to town and back, and ran a vagcom autoscan and still see P0234 and now P0102 (MAF...
  2. F

turbo overboost

will try unplugging MAF first
  3. F

turbo overboost

I continue to get P0234 turbo overboost and limp mode faults for the last 3 years. It wasn't much a problem when I lived on the flatter east coast, but this summer I moved to New Mexico in the Rockies where the speed limits are 75 so now it happens frequently. It can only be triggered at speeds...
  4. F

TDI Fest Nearby Attractions [56k Beware]

There are shopping malls, box stores, fast fooderies, and all the other American icons, but don't be misled, this is a European city and its designed for feet, not wheels. Montreal has the best restaurants, boutiques, cheap hostels, seedy hotels, club nights and people. Montreal is like no...
  5. F

high cetane vs b20

I have been using B20 for a few months and initially I was getting a lot of black smoke when starting the engine for the first time of the day. I was previously using a BP premium diesel with a high cetane rating, and never noticed any smoke. I still see the smoke occasionally when accelerating...
  6. F

1st time vag-com

Thanks dave, im going to replace that part. The light just came back on today.
  7. F

1st time vag-com

so i have to drive quite a bit over the next few days, weekend, i need to know if i should be concerned and doing something else, other then putting on miles. :o
  8. F

1st time vag-com

i got a steady mil indicator light, so i hooked up the vag-com for the first time to read the code. I ran the auto scan on 1j - vw g/j/b mk4 (assuming no specificity for tdi.) It went through about 100 codes. I saved the output (one fault found), drove away and the indicator light is now off. I...
  9. F

Good News Everyone! Public 24/7 B20 pump in Philly!

saw this saturday en route, filled up today, and will be using b20 forevermore. very happy, i've been waiting for this. the place i was using was a BP at city line ave and belmont, that has premium diesel 50cetane
  10. F

Biodiesel? Why-o-Diesel?

Raising Less Corn, More Hell The Case For The Independent Farm And Against Industrial Food by George Pyle A revelatory, alarming, urgent and fiercely witty essay on the many wrong ways in which our food is produced-what it all means and what can be done about it In Raising Less Corn...
  11. F

The New Energy Debates

Z Magazine Online Printer Friendly Version January 2007 Volume 20 Number 1 Green Tide The New Energy Debates Will the new Congress act to...
  12. F

flashing glow plugs - no brake lights

kinda funny... i went through this and it was the bulbs afterall. The double filament tricked me, because 1/2 of the blub was working, and at a quick glance, i thought it was something else, then with all the recall hype around brake switches, i assumed that must be it. Then it occurred to me...
  13. F

I am about to turn 100,000 what stuff should I do?

$700 including parts, oil, etc... ??
  14. F

flashing glow plugs - no brake lights

I replaced the fourpin brake switch today, went smooth following these instructions: http://ns.istop.com/~benadine/brake_switch.htm I can't tell for certain because i didnt have a helper, but i backed up by a glass window and pressed brake, and only the hatchlight was working, not the ones on...
  15. F

keeping engine running all day

i wasnt counting milage, but I was watching the needle which seemed to be going down slower then other weeks, although that probably was not happening and is far from accurate method of calculating. thanks again.
  16. F

03 VW Volkswagen JETTA WAGON GLS TDI Diesel 5-Speed - $19500

saw this today, thought id share. http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/car/210972843.html
  17. F

thank you everyone, I knew it was best to ask because I did't have enough knowledge to make the right choice. I will shut down, because it is mostly side roads, varying speeds from 30-55 and my stops are usually more then 2 min. I do use the mobil delvac, also run BP Premium, and I'm not worried...
  18. F

So, I do a courier route 5 days a week, its about 3 hrs, 75 miles of driving, and i make about 7 stops a day, each for about 5 minutes. For the first two months after getting the TDI i turned the car off at every stop. I was recommended last weekend to keep the car running, and lock the doors...
  19. F

B20 in West Philly!! 50th & Lancaster

but lancaster is a 2hr drive from philly...
  20. F

B20 in West Philly!! 50th & Lancaster

There is no BIO at 50th and lancaster, only a lone diesel pump. After rereading the letter, and talking to friends at LAVA www.lavazone.org it seems as if there is the prospect of a pump there. The people at the garage there didnt have any insight. As for 13th and Vine, there has been a new...