Search results

1. 9

Oil Cap and Dipstick like a steam train?

Yes, yes it is haha. We used a ridge reamer to get rid of that.
  2. 9

So the piston rings are almost all broken, I'm actually surprised it ran at all so hopefully these new rings will make her run like new again ! :)
  3. 9

Cylinder too worn to slide pistons up and out ??

Looks like a great tool but I'm not sure I have the depth to use it
  4. 9

Cylinder too worn to slide pistons up and out ??

Alright guys I started taking the pistons out and it seems I can only push it up to this little groove which is not carbon cause I used a tooth brush and some brake cleaner and got most of that out. I'm 99% sure it's the cylinder wear. So my question is , how do I get past this ridge? Any ideas...
  5. 9

How the hell do I get this bolt off???

Okay thanks chris
  6. 9

No offense taken Vince but you are dead right. Once I get this all back together it will be for sale haha:)
  7. 9

Got it!! That stupid windage tray thing. Not sure if I can reuse it? Looks kinda bent:/ and I broke a couple plastic clips holding the tray up ontop of the oil pick up tube. Do I need to reuse this or can I just put on a new oil pan gasket when I put everything back together??
  8. 9

I removed the power steering pump but the oil pan still refuses to drop down. I can wiggle it all over the place and get it about a quarter inch down from the gasket. I think it would be easier to just rip it off and buy a new one. Quicktd do you mean loosening the gasket off the pan?
  9. 9

Car does not have ac. And no the pan is loose like I can wiggle it about a half an inch in any direction it just won't come down
  10. 9

Okay I got a minny swivel knuckle thing from Canadian tire and it's off! But now the oil pan is loose and I can wiggle it around but won't come off? Could my crank be on the way somehow?
  11. 9

I do have double pivot one but it's too big to get in there. I really have no idea why in the world thy would put a bolt right there. Come on vw
  12. 9

Okay thanks guys ill try to local parts stores tomorrow
  13. 9

Yea I don't have one of those...
  14. 9

This is the last bolt I need to get off in order to take the oil pan off and get my pistons out. BUT I CAN NOT GET ACCESS TO IT. Please help.
  15. 9

How does that turbo look? Too dirty?
  16. 9

Alright guys got the head off! That was a bit tricky maneuvering it out. But here's some pics!
  17. 9

Blower fan not working on any level

hmm okay to the contacts on the fan speed switch?
  18. 9

Blower fan not working on any level

i took out the motor hooked it up to my battery and it spun happily away, just not in the car. I also put in a new resistor pack. I took the hvac panal cover off and saw that the two contacts, stationary copper and silver knob contact were touching when you turned the knob. Where do i go next?
  19. 9

Yep your right hammer, I called again and he said I would need rod bolts and head bolts cause they are stretch bolts and a head gasket. Hopefully ill be able to do it over the long weekend with a buddy